PTO Indicator

/ PTO Indicator #1  

AMD

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510
Hey all - I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their PTO indicator not coming off?

I was using this tractor to bush hog last night for the first time and though clearly the PTO was disengaged the light wouldn't come off. I actually couldn't start the tractor again until I found that the switch to the left of the seat was stuck and hadn't sprung back out when the lever disengaged.

I'm more wondering if this was something that happens or if I have a faulty switch I should be worried about?

Thanks,
AMD

/ PTO Indicator #2  
Hey all - I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their PTO indicator not coming off?

I was using this tractor to bush hog last night for the first time and though clearly the PTO was disengaged the light wouldn't come off. I actually couldn't start the tractor again until I found that the switch to the left of the seat was stuck and hadn't sprung back out when the lever disengaged.

I'm more wondering if this was something that happens or if I have a faulty switch I should be worried about?

Thanks,
AMD

Hasn't happened on mine. At least so far.

/ PTO Indicator #3  
On my DK35, switch is on right hand console, three positions. On/Off/Auto. It must be off to start tractor, in auto, (which I never use) it is meant to go off when 3 pth is raised, (I think), if on, will run even when mower is fully raised. I can not recall if PTO light stays on when in auto and arms raised. I will try it later this afternoon when I go out with it.
Bob

/ PTO Indicator
It's a contact switch that compresses when the mechanical lever for the PTO is pulled to the ON position. When I turned the PTO OFF the switch remained compressed.

I had just rolled over the 4 hour mark on the tractor and was sitting scratching my head for a few minutes. If it happens again I think I'll try to get the switch replaced.

AMD