PTO lever frozen

/ PTO lever frozen #11  
The 4wd selector lever on my 270 froze up last year after I got overzealous with the pressure washer cleaning the tractor. After lots of tapping on the shaft with a hammer and about 1/2 of a can of PB Blaster while working the lever, I had it comepletely freed up. I lubricated the 4wd and pto levers with graphite lock lubricant in an areasol can, So far, so good, neither lever has rusted in place since, and the Graphite lube does not seem to attract dust either. Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Ryan

/ PTO lever frozen
Drilling for a grease zerk likely won't do much since the shift handle does not rotate on the shaft.. nor is their a grease galley cut into the ID of the handle where it rides the shaft.

Right on both accounts.

If the roll pin prove to be a pain to drive out, drill it out...

I did buy a set of roll pin punches however despite much pounding, that pin didn't budge. Looks like I will have to drill it out as you suggest. I presume this should be a pretty straightforward process however Murphy's Law follows me like my shadow. Is there anything special I need to know? Is there any one particular type of drill bit I should use?

/ PTO lever frozen #13  
roll pins are typically spring steel.. which is harder than every day mild steel.. thus a set of cobalt or titanium nitride bits will likely get you a easier job. I like haveing 2 sets of bits anyway.. a beater generic set and a good set.

once you drill it a lil, the het may loosen it up.. try to drive it out afterwards. use some penetrating oil on it.. and be sure to use some sort of cutting oil to cool your bit.. even wd-40 in a spray can with a stray is better than nothing.. though the proper cutting oil is easy to find..

soundguy