PTO powered hose reel

/ PTO powered hose reel #1  

IslandTractor

Super Star Member
Tractor
2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH
Photo says it all. Flail mowing next to a corn patch. Someone left about 200ft of hose lying around. I wound it up for them.:eek: Only took about 20 minutes to unload. Interestingly, the hose itself had minimal damage but the hose fittings were all trashed.

It took only a few seconds to roll up. At least only a few seconds after I saw a mad hose charging my tractor head on through the tall grass.

Attachments

• Caroni hose reel.jpg
    Caroni hose reel.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 240
   / PTO powered hose reel #2  
you think home depot will be selling them:D

/ PTO powered hose reel #3  
That's hilarious. Why? Because I've done it myself !!

/ PTO powered hose reel #4  
You got hosed

/ PTO powered hose reel #5  
While tilling next to an old fence line I kept seeing some thing move in the woods every so often. I wound up a ton of electrical fence wire that had been next to the field and strung through the woods. Took half a day to cut it all out.

/ PTO powered hose reel
While tilling next to an old fence line I kept seeing some thing move in the woods every so often. I wound up a ton of electrical fence wire that had been next to the field and strung through the woods. Took half a day to cut it all out.

I could see the hose coming at me like a deranged snake but I did not really perceive the motion until a coupler shot out of the grass and dove under the tractor. It took a couple more seconds to shut off the PTO and by then I had all three sections off hose neatly wrapped up.

/ PTO powered hose reel #8  
I had the same thing happen with my bush hog and 3/8 guywire the power company dumped into the edge of the woods up at the church. I wasn't so lucky, as it broke(cracked) the stump jumper, tore the top deck and bent one of the sides under the deck, almost to the edge of the stump jumper before I could get it stopped. Pretty much trashed the bush hog, and the power company said I should have been watching where I was mowing. I mentioned to them what I thought of their housekeeping.
David from jax