PTO shaft guard help

/ PTO shaft guard help #11  
I know a fella that is a victim. His daddy had an old pulpwood trailer they ran off the tractor pto. Boy was 8, ripped his arm off at shoulder. His dad, negligent in my opinion. Boys in his late 50's now.

/ PTO shaft guard help #12  
I know a fella that is a victim. His daddy had an old pulpwood trailer they ran off the tractor pto. Boy was 8, ripped his arm off at shoulder. His dad, negligent in my opinion. Boys in his late 50's now.
I know of hundreds of farmers that ran non guarded equipment for years without a single accident.
I could also find people struck by lighting just being out in a field.

/ PTO shaft guard help #13  
I know of hundreds of farmers that ran non guarded equipment for years without a single accident.
I know. I used to be bush hogging pipe lines and right of ways for deer season. Had two dogs just determined to ride that bush hog. No plastic sleeve. Dogs got grease all over them they'd be leaning against the shaft getting all greasy.

But, I can't advise others to do that on a public forum.

/ PTO shaft guard help #14  
You and me know to stay away from it. I cringe when I see dad off the tractor fooling with the hay baler when it's all turning.

/ PTO shaft guard help #15  

You and me know to stay away from it. I cringe when I see dad off the tractor fooling with the hay baler when it's all turning.
And how long has Dad been doing that?
How many times has he been killed?

Safety starts & ends in your HEAD, no amount of guards will save you from STUPID.