3-Point Hitch PTO Shaft Quick Pin Yoke

/ PTO Shaft Quick Pin Yoke #1  

ptsg

Tractor
Branson F36Rn - Agria 8900D
Over the years on browsing through the forum, I've seen numerous threads about people with some difficulty on connecting the PTO shaft. Some people like the pin style, others the collar style, etc.

Some time ago, I was watching a video on a flail mower and noticed the guy in the video just pushed the pin on the yoke down and it stayed latched until the yoke was fully seated on the tractor PTO shaft. This really got my curious about that and tried to find more info about it with no avail.

Turns out today, I came across the Eurocardan company, which is a well known PTO shaft manufacturers and lo and behold, they are the ones who come up with this style of yoke.

Basically you push the pin in, it latched and you now have both hands free to manage the PTO shaft, once it fully seats on the shaft on the tractor or implement, it will unlatch the pin and lock the yoke in place.

I don't know where to get this style of yoke in the US though. Anyway, here is the link if anyone is interested in reading more about it: Safety Device for Eurocardan Driveshafts

And a video showing it working:

/ PTO Shaft Quick Pin Yoke #2  
Regardless of pin style or collar style, I engage the splines for the first half inch or so, then push the pin or slide the collar. Push the knuckle all the way onto the tractor shaft then pull back until the pin or collar balls snap into the groove. For me, it can't get much easier than that.

/ PTO Shaft Quick Pin Yoke #3  
That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

/ PTO Shaft Quick Pin Yoke #4  
I don't know where you'd find the end you seek but AgriSupply carries a line of Eurocardan parts.

/ PTO Shaft Quick Pin Yoke
I don't know where you'd find the end you seek but AgriSupply carries a line of Eurocardan parts.
They have the Quick Pin Yoke listed but only for the Constant Velocity shafts.

/ PTO Shaft Quick Pin Yoke #6  

They do have it. Looks like it is $127 for just the end. That could be helpful for a lot of people but I do not struggle that much. 😂

/ PTO Shaft Quick Pin Yoke #7  
Regardless of pin style or collar style, I engage the splines for the first half inch or so, then push the pin or slide the collar. Push the knuckle all the way onto the tractor shaft then pull back until the pin or collar balls snap into the groove. For me, it can't get much easier than that.
Good for you but not all of us older guys have as full use of our hands as some