PTO will not start on 2025R

/ PTO will not start on 2025R #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
Pulled the PTO button on the 2025R this afternoon. The bush hog blades did their thing, but then it sounded like the shear bolt went. No, the PTO just stopped and will not restart.

The PTO light comes on. This leads me to think that it is the rear PTO solenoid. The PTO push-pull button was replaced about 18 months ago and 165 hours.

Anyone had this happen? Know where the rear PTO solenoid is?

Thanks.

Ralph

/ PTO will not start on 2025R
Got a tech manual from tradebit.com for $26. Shows where both the front and rear PTO solenoids are located. Front one is really easy to get it; it appears. Rear one appears a tad more inaccessible.

Drove over to Va Tractor and made an appointment for them to pick it up (on Friday morning). Good thing I took the walkbehind Honda down in the bucket and did the trails yesterday.

It was warmed up going down the hill before starting the PTO.

Don't find this tech manual too useful. Doesn't show you where and how to get at various mechanical components. Shows picture of apparently the front PTO solenoid but not of the rear one, assuming there are separate ones and not just different detents on same solenoid. Not clear.

Anyone find a really good tech manual for a reasonable price?

/ PTO will not start on 2025R #6  
Deere has them.
If it saves one or two trips to the dealer, pays for itself.

Va Tractor picked up the machine yesterday. Didn't ask them why they took so long. They said on Monday that their normal pickup days my way was Friday. Not to nearly 2 pm.

Only troubles with this machine: PTO button and now probably the solenoid unless the button is bad again. Before, it gave me warning. Had to jiggle it to get it to work. Not so this time. Just quit.

It's the $288 relay. Total will be $691 with the $120 pickup and dropoff. Lots for labor.

Done. Being delivered on Friday.

/ PTO will not start on 2025R #10  
would love to know what makes it a 288 dollar relay, other then the JD name