Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?.

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #11  
Is the disc spacing around 6 inches or nine inches? I count ten blades per gange so 60 inches or 90 inches. Guessing 6 inch so around 11-12 ft

Depending on soil type I suspect you should be able to pull this.

We pulled a 10 footer with 2WD 5600 Ford to level alfalfa sod after being moldboard plowed

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?.
Thanks all. Appreciate it. I tried to get a 3ph 8 foot Athens at auction but it sold too dear.

This disk is at an auction, close enough that I can tow it home with the tractor. I may consider it. Always wish we had gone with the larger tire option. Of course, I would put on the loader and maybe a bucket full of stones.

The fact that is reported to be a less aggessive disk makes me more enthusiastic.

Yes, the step. Found a stump in some tall grass when I was using another 3ph straight disk. Annoys me, that the replacement JD step seems lighter than the original. Kind of twists when you use it.

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #13  
Thanks all. Appreciate it. I tried to get a 3ph 8 foot Athens at auction but it sold too dear.

This disk is at an auction, close enough that I can tow it home with the tractor. I may consider it. Always wish we had gone with the larger tire option. Of course, I would put on the loader and maybe a bucket full of stones.

The fact that is reported to be a less aggessive disk makes me more enthusiastic.

Yes, the step. Found a stump in some tall grass when I was using another 3ph straight disk. Annoys me, that the replacement JD step seems lighter than the original. Kind of twists when you use it.

That’s a really nice disc. It may require multiple passes (from my limited knowledge) because it’s not designed to break up virgin ground. Plus it’s going to be hard to maneuver in tight spots. But for fields that have been worked before, I think it would be great. Or to use it following up a plow or offset disc would be great to level and optimize the surface.

What price do you expect (or hope)? I would think 3 or 4 grand around here. Let us know what you decide.

Not sure, but I can report back. I learned the auction house has two equipment dealerships, so I am suspicious that nothing good leaves the auction with a customer and probably ends up at one of their locations, if they are not getting a decent buck.

A little worried about seized disk bearings.

I don't mind multiple passes with a wider implement, I could drive around a field all day long, but detest narrow implements. It just seems like such a waste of time.

Must have been 18 feet. Sold for $650.00 CDN which is a good price, I went to $600.00 ,but I just don't need it enough for that. I have enough on my plate.

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #17  
Oddly, there is one just like it sitting next to a barn down the road, passed it today and I could probably get it for next to nothing but I don't need it. I have plenty of tractor to pull it though.

Once that field had been repaired, there was really no on going use for it. But, I had entertained ideas of repairing large areas of cut grass that were not level. However, we have no shortage of stones here and maybe that would have been a terrible amount of work, getting things back to seedbed.

I would have LOVED to play with that thing though.

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #19  
Must have been 18 feet. Sold for $650.00 CDN which is a good price, I went to $600.00 ,but I just don't need it enough for that. I have enough on my plate.

I would have paid $1200 or more for it, even though I don't need it. I've been known to buy attachments I don't need just because the price was right. As I mentioned earlier, something like that around here would bring $3500 - $4000 especially in as good shape as it seems to be.

A few months ago, I picked up an 8' three point hitch disk for $1450 and I had to change all the bearings. But, the 8' fits my needs and I'm happy with it.