Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?.

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
disk.jpg

Am I dreaming? Would my JD 6200, with about 70 PTO HP pull this thing? Sounds dumb, but I should have measured it.

DSC04123b.jpg

Thanks for the input.

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #2  
You can pull it provided you don't set the disc angle too radical.

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #4  
   / Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?.
Interesting, Thanks. The one chart says I could pull a 10 and a half foot disk. That is a whole lot bigger. The part of a filed I want to disk is all messed up from plowing attempts when it wa too wet, and has been abandoned. THAT is not a good start for a disk that's too big, I'm guessing.

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #6  
Should be easy. Looks about the size we used to pull with 45 hp tractors.

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #7  
Unless you add a lot of weight to your tractor, I don’t think you will pull it at more than 1-2” deep.

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #8  
Nice looking Deere.. The disc is probably to big..

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #9  
I have about the same size Kubota. Loaded tires, 4WD. I pull a offset disc, narrower than that one but every bit as heavy. But an offset is more aggressive, ie bites more. Even though I set it at the least aggressive angle, it still taxes my tractor, especially in damp soil or uphill. That being said, it cuts like a beast and I use it a lot. I can always raise it a little to reduce the drag.
The disc you show is wider, but probably not much heavier, and by nature is less aggressive. I would call it a smoothing harrow, rather than a primary tillage tool like an offset or plow. But if you set it less aggressive, and not use it when it’s really wet, I bet you can use it adequately. And you can always lift it a little if you start to bog down.IMG_0618.JPG

/ Pull Type Disk, Would My Tractor Pull it?. #10  
I think you can pull it with no problems. I borrowed a 14' and pulled it with my Kubota L5740 (about 57 hp) and pulled it fairly easily. I had to travel only about 10 miles to the job site, so pulling it behind the tractor down the road was not too bad.

Are you buying it or borrowing it? If buying it, what price? Around here those go for about $4000.

Will you be traveling public roads with it? If so, that can be a problem because of the width. But farmers pull wider implements all the time.

If one like that would fit my operation, I would buy one in a heartbeat for my L5740. But, for most of my work, I have to load my equipment on a trailer and travel a bit, and something that wide is just too difficult to haul on a trailer.