pull utility trailer with backhoe on

/ pull utility trailer with backhoe on #1  

rcrcomputing

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti ck30
Looking for thoughts/ideas on pulling a little 5x8 utility trailer with my tractor without having to remove the backhoe. Ideas?

/ pull utility trailer with backhoe on #2  
I would think that trailer is just too small for your tractor with the BH and FEL. I had a BX2230 on a 5x10 and had the FEL over the ramp and te Woods BH on the tongue. I've never do that again. I went to a 14' and its A LOT easier to tow now. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ pull utility trailer with backhoe on #3  
I think he meant pulling the trailer with the TLB, not hauling the TLB on the trailer.

/ pull utility trailer with backhoe on #4  
Weld a receiver somewhere on your BH? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ pull utility trailer with backhoe on #5  
General consensus seems to be to put a hole in the bucket and put a ball there - and either drive backwards or push the trailer depending on how far you want to go.

Pulling off the hoe itself could overstress the hydraulics. You'd be better off trying to mount to the underside of the subframe / hoe than to the bucket. But then you have to watch the hoe doesn't hit the trailer - you'll need a long tongue.

/ pull utility trailer with backhoe on #6  
Ignore my previous post, I completely missed the using the tractor part.

I use this from Paynes Forks. http://tinyurl.com/7dk26 Works really good. I have the one with the fixed ball on it, no need to get off the tractor to move the trailer around.

/ pull utility trailer with backhoe on #7  
   / pull utility trailer with backhoe on #8  
I don't really pull my 18' trailer around the lot much, but when I just need to move it, I slip one of the toothbar's teeth up under the hitch and lift and move. Works great, but I'm not going far, and the trailer is usually not loader with anything.
Other than that, I like the idea of putting a bolt on hitch ball on the loader.
John