Pulled fitting

/ Pulled fitting #1  

Mej13579

Tractor
None
I was using my grapple and pulled the fitting out of one of the cylinders. Got a new fitting but the threads on the cylinder are stripped. What would be the best fix and how much should that cost on average?

Attachments

• Message_1655141107590.jpg
    Message_1655141107590.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 62
  • Message_1655141127238.jpg
    Message_1655141127238.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 59
   / Pulled fitting #2  
I did that with a loader fitting and was able to fix it by buying a new fitting with pipe thread ( instead of metric ) put some Teflon in it which worked with no leaks for a few yrs. until I traded in the tractor.

/ Pulled fitting #3  
Picture of problem without the duct tape would better explain your situation...

For me, first option would be to take it to hydraulic cylinder repair shop and have it professionally done....

Second option may be to get male/female coupler (of proper type) and screw it into damaged bung on cylinder and have buddy TIG weld it..

Adapter_M.jpg

Last edited:
   / Pulled fitting #4  
Labor will be the expensive part, if you do it yourself it will be cheap. You could weld a new bung right on top of the one that's there. You could drill and tap for next larger size thread. If you have to pay someone to do this you might be better off buying a new cylinder. Hard to tell what size that is, but I would guess you could get one from Surplus Center for about what the labor will cost you to either weld or machine on that one.

/ Pulled fitting #5  
Just weld a new nipple on top of the present one. For neatness grind off the present nipple and then weld on a new one.

Best done in a shop.