Pulled The Trigger On A ZD1211

/ Pulled The Trigger On A ZD1211 #1  

workinonit

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5090E
I own all green and have been looking at a new ZT to get the comfort seat and hydrasulic deck lift. I had my dealer move a 970R from one of his other locations so I could test the deck lift because I couldn't tell how it worked from the propaganda and of course no obne at the dealership knew. So I went and test ran the 970 when they got it in on Saturday. For that kind of money I really was skeptical. I really didn't like the deck lift at all. Either up or down and if you stay on the button it will slam down anyway at some point. The seat was really nice. Other than that and the huge engine, it was identical to my 910. Long story short, I stopped by the Massey dealer here that sells Bota. He had a ZD1211. I had talked myself out of a diesel so I could buy the 970 but man that is a nice ZT. The deck lift stops where you stop pressing the peddle, the seat is as nice as JD. shaft drive deck, live or rigid front end can be selected with built in lift, battery is not under the seat, better price by a mile, better warranty and better financing if you want to finance and on and on. It was hard to break ranks and buiy something orange but I have to say that JD doesn't approach the quality, fit and finish that this ZD has.

/ Pulled The Trigger On A ZD1211 #2  
It looks like a nice mower, please give us an update once you have used it few times.

/ Pulled The Trigger On A ZD1211
I can do that now. Just thought no one was interested. The short v ersion is that I really like it. The mulching deck works great. I love the little diesel engine, amazing torque. I love the shaft drive deck and the hydraulic lift. But mostly I love the air ride seat. Very comfortable operation in some fairly rough conditions. I definately recommend this mower over the gas JDs and it's priced thousands less that the diesel Deeres.

/ Pulled The Trigger On A ZD1211 #4  
So the ZD1211 now comes with an air ride seat like the 1511 ?

I may have missused the word air ride BD. It's not the pump up air ride likle the 15 has burt the adjustable suspension seat. Once it's set it feels exactly like my air ride seat on my tractor.

/ Pulled The Trigger On A ZD1211 #6  
The folks that have the air ride seat swear by them. I think they are available as an option for the zd1211. I have been comfortable enough on the stock spring seat.

A lot to like about the 1211. More to like about the 1511 from what I'm told. I had to snag this mower the day it came in or I wouldn't have gotten it.

/ Pulled The Trigger On A ZD1211 #8  
The ZD1211 I sold had a good seat.
Nothing to complain about at all.
My Air Seat on both my ZD1511’s are a tad better but woulda been fine with a mechanical seat.

/ Pulled The Trigger On A ZD1211 #9  
As mentioned the hydraulic deck lift operation is superb.
So handy crossing ditches, ruts & stumps etc on the fly not even stopping (y)

/ Pulled The Trigger On A ZD1211 #10  
I agree very nice machine.
I bought my zd1211 2 years ago & have 160 hours on it. The only problem I had was a coolant leak that was hard to find. Ended up being the lower radiator hose.
The controls are tight (no slop) for precise control. I mow 4 acres & no regrets!!
90cummins