Pumps

/ Pumps #1  

alan40

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH1720, .
Looking for a pump to transfer water/sap from 275 gallon containers to a truck or vice versa. I have no experiance with a pumps and am looking for any advice. Also don't want to break the bank /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks

/ Pumps #2  
I'm no expert by any stretch but I have done my fair of research it the art of home brewing. There are food grade pumps used for this type of application. I'm assuming you wouldn't want to use just any ol' pump for fear of contamination. As you know, maple surple sap is like gold and I'd hate for you to see an oil slick on the surface after all your hard work.

/ Pumps #3  
Check with Graingers, they once had a booklet explaining what pumps, seal material, pump material could pump what, from acid to food to oil. You might drop them an email.

/ Pumps #4  
Hi Alan,

I've seen folks use a cheap sump pump attached to a garden hose for this sort of thing. Just drop it in the tank.

/ Pumps
Hi Dave, a couple of other people have told me the same thing. Checking into it. How's the family? Starting the sugar house next month. Hopefully will get it done in a timely manner. You would know it. The year your not looking for an evpaportor people are calling your house. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Tapping everything I got and am going to see how much I can make selling sap next spring. People who see those barrels want to know were to get them. One guy wanted to buy them!!!!!
Take care,

/ Pumps
Hi Daryl, gave mine all away except for the 2 gallons to get us thru the year.
Sugarmaker may have some or know sombody if not I can always pick you up some and mail it out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Take care