Purchase advice

/ Purchase advice #11  
Steve,

I also bought a used tractor from the Wylie dealer. They have quite a variety of tractors and have been there for some time. One interesting note - the dealer told me that any time I wanted to upgrade, he'd give me the full purchase price of this one as a trade-in on the "new" one. I guess he's assuming I won't destroy it in the meantime! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Purchase advice #12  
Greetings...

You may want to think about whether or not you NEED 4wd. With a FEL it's certainly nice, especially on hills, but if most of your property is flat you might be OK without it. I've got hilly terrane (Northern NY State) and picked up a Yanmar 336D (4wd, 33 engine hp, 27 pto HP, decent size frame (comparable to JD 1050 i think)) with FEL for just under 8500 (older sub-10k compacts are difficult to find in the Northeast US).

Good luck in your search,
Couchsachraga

/ Purchase advice #13  
You are certainly correct that 4x4 is not needed for mowing or brush hogging relatively flat ground. When mowing, I only engage the MFWD when on the ditches along the road (quite a slope and I like the extra braking ability). I also use it when moving dirt with FEL or box blade.