Purchased a 3pt Wallenstein Splitter

/ Purchased a 3pt Wallenstein Splitter #1  

Kyle241

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Purchased it last Saturday and on Sunday split a couple face cords. Works well and am glad I finally own a splitter as I heat with wood and renting was getting really tiring. Also like I don't have another gas engine to maintain as I am not the best at doing that.

Next item to buy is a Wallenstein chipper, the BX92! A lot of money though...

/ Purchased a 3pt Wallenstein Splitter #2  
Purchased it last Saturday and on Sunday split a couple face cords. Works well and am glad I finally own a splitter as I heat with wood and renting was getting really tiring. Also like I don't have another gas engine to maintain as I am not the best at doing that.

Next item to buy is a Wallenstein chipper, the BX92! A lot of money though...

What model splitter? We have a WX 310, love it.

/ Purchased a 3pt Wallenstein Splitter #3  
I bought a BMX-42 chipper shredder and I luv it.

/ Purchased a 3pt Wallenstein Splitter
What model splitter? We have a WX 310, love it.

I bought the same model, the 310. It's all I need lengthwise as I heat using a masonry heater.

As for the chipper, would love it but they are over $4k in my area (the BX92).

/ Purchased a 3pt Wallenstein Splitter #5  
I bought the same model, the 310. It's all I need lengthwise as I heat using a masonry heater.

As for the chipper, would love it but they are over $4k in my area (the BX92).

We put feet on ours, so you can split with out hooking up. And the casters make it easy to roll around.

Can post pics if you want.

/ Purchased a 3pt Wallenstein Splitter #6  
How much does a splitter like that cost? How do you have it hooked up to your tractor, rear remotes? Is it efficient?

We put feet on ours, so you can split with out hooking up. And the casters make it easy to roll around.

Can post pics if you want.

If you have them available, yes please as it sound like an interesting idea.

How much does a splitter like that cost? How do you have it hooked up to your tractor, rear remotes? Is it efficient?

I picked my up new for $1100 CAD. Not sure how much cheaper the Wallenstein's may be in the US. I had it hooked up to my tractor and found it efficient. You would be good likely on a 4240 as well, it depends on your pump. Plus I have a BH so already have the rear remotes in place.

/ Purchased a 3pt Wallenstein Splitter #8  
If you are burning the wood, the BX92 chipper is probably overkill, since anything too big to go through a BX62 (or maybe even a BX42) is firewood size.
I got a BX62 last year and it is quite the machine!!
BOB

If you are burning the wood, the BX92 chipper is probably overkill, since anything too big to go through a BX62 (or maybe even a BX42) is firewood size.
I got a BX62 last year and it is quite the machine!!
BOB

Bob, you are correct. I mis-typed when I wrote the BX92, it's the BX62 that I want/need.