Purchased a mini instead of a UTV

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV
Agreed. Horses for courses

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #22  
UTV's and Japanese mini trucks are built for completely different uses. This UTV has a 1000cc 80 something HP engine in it. Seems Number15 got a mini truck that will fit his needs (y) but those little trucks, are not for everyone. View attachment 703065
Sweet ride how do the tracks work in snow? Better than a snowmobile? If so I'll hide this thread from my wife.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #23  
I have been looking at SXS's and mini trucks for a while, then, my daughter bought a new car because her 158K mile 2007 Colorado quit running,,
I told her I wanted it, she said come get it, no one would offer anything because there was some problem,,

C6drm71.jpg

YEP,, there was problems,, so far, I have replaced every emissions related sensor etc,, oxygen sensors, cam position sensors,, etc,, I think I am up to 7 so far, at about $35 each, so it is not much money, just time.

I have some emissions solenoid, left to install, two tires have screws in them,, so there is that.

I believe I have about 10 hours involved in detailing the interior,, it looks like new now.

Right now, it runs perfect,, I can only imagine how long it might last,, now that everything in it is new,,
Hmmmmmmmmmm,,

I think I am up to about $650 including cleaning supplies, I might even polish the plastic headlights,,,

The truck is the "LT" , so it has the fancy radio, nice bucket seats, cruise, and COOOOLD AC!!

If you find the right small truck, it might be a good way to go,,

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #24  
I have been looking at SXS's and mini trucks for a while, then, my daughter bought a new car because her 158K mile 2007 Colorado quit running,,
I told her I wanted it, she said come get it, no one would offer anything because there was some problem,,

C6drm71.jpg

YEP,, there was problems,, so far, I have replaced every emissions related sensor etc,, oxygen sensors, cam position sensors,, etc,, I think I am up to 7 so far, at about $35 each, so it is not much money, just time.

I have some emissions solenoid, left to install, two tires have screws in them,, so there is that.

I believe I have about 10 hours involved in detailing the interior,, it looks like new now.

Right now, it runs perfect,, I can only imagine how long it might last,, now that everything in it is new,,
Hmmmmmmmmmm,,

I think I am up to about $650 including cleaning supplies, I might even polish the plastic headlights,,,

The truck is the "LT" , so it has the fancy radio, nice bucket seats, cruise, and COOOOLD AC!!

If you find the right small truck, it might be a good way to go,,
4x4 Toyota trucks (pre 05 when they were still compacts) they are considered 1/2 tons and would be a great idea also. You might be able to get a cheap one with a rusty frame. As long as your handy and can weld, take the box off, reinforce it, and you'd have a great sxs/ mini truck you can take around town and thru some of the most gawd awful two tracks you can find. Ask me how I know and I'll gladly share.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #25  
Yes I thought about it hard before I purchased and the positives outweigh the negative.
pos
cheaper than similar equipped utv (ac, ps, am/fm, dump,4x4)
can be tagged in TN
has airbags JIC
bed can carry and dump ~900lbs (I think this is right, might be more)
easy to work on
all sides of dump fold down

neg
RHD
parts are harder to get
might not handle very difficult terrain as well
I look ridiculous in it

The shooting range has one of those and I’ve seen them hauling 2200 pound pallets of clay targets on them.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #26  
In New Zealand the dairy farmers like these vehicles. They get fitted with ATV tyres and you will be surprised where they can go. Put the road tyres back on for the summer and they are road legal. With the cab you get factory ROPS (1 headache less) and a heater and on some models a/c. BUT the cabs are built for little japanese. Put on your bulky winter gear then try for size, ESPECIALY for foot room, brakes and accelerator. Some are adequate(foot room) and some are no sale.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #27  
In New Zealand the dairy farmers like these vehicles. They get fitted with ATV tyres and you will be surprised where they can go. Put the road tyres back on for the summer and they are road legal. With the cab you get factory ROPS (1 headache less) and a heater and on some models a/c. BUT the cabs are built for little japanese. Put on your bulky winter gear then try for size, ESPECIALY for foot room, brakes and accelerator. Some are adequate(foot room) and some are no sale.
Lol drove a mini mini van in Japan once wearing work boots ended up pressing both the brake and accelerator at same time drove through a snow fence down an embankment and impaled the radiator with a piece of rerod. The harder I pressed the brake the more I was unknowingly pressing the accelerator. I should have posted this on stupid things. Thanks for bringing back long lost memories 😅

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #28  
Wise choice. Wish I'd have gotten a mini-truck or an old Ranger when I bought my Kubota RTV1100. It's not a bad vehicle but it was a terrible investment. I should probably sell the Kubota, eat the loss and do that anyway.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #29  
In Panama the pickup and both passanger and cargo vans are sold under many names. i got the passenger van. Mine was sold under the Chevrolet name but are made by Daewoo. New in 2010 it was 10g and still driving it today, now has 260.000 km or about 150.000 miles. No real problems except I had to put a thicker rad for the A/C to be sure it stayed cool enough when I had my dog. Oh and a distributor went south. 800cc and 5 speed but nothing here gets the 4x4 option. Change the oil every 5000km and they run forever

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV
Wise choice. Wish I'd have gotten a mini-truck or an old Ranger when I bought my Kubota RTV1100. It's not a bad vehicle but it was a terrible investment. I should probably sell the Kubota, eat the loss and do that anyway.
Thanks. There is a dealer in Smyrna that sells them ;) BTW we looked quite a bit in Soddy for the new house. Could never find exactly what we wanted. Once my deal in Cleveland fell apart we ended up in Spring City.