Purchased a mini instead of a UTV

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #31  
Most don't have A/C and there suspenion is not good for off-road use. If you need to tow things then there HP is quite low.
OP lists the 54hp seems pretty decent to me.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #32  
I own a 1999 suzuki carry the plus they will carry more weight than a UTV I've hauled 150 gal of water for live stock in mine. The down side because they can do that the springs are stiff. I see big MPG numbers but the two I have owned got 35-40. You need to remember that the speedometer is in Kilometers for those who drive 60 mph the speedometer will be reading 100. I changed to 165/80/13 tires the tallest that would fit and my truck in 5th gear at 55 mph the tach shows 5000 RPM. Kansas does not let me drive on state or federal highways only cross them. It is a great parts chaser. As for towing remember they only weigh about 1500 lbs. Note 1999 and later have larger cabs. I live close to Oklahoma they let you drive anywhere but the interstates in a 200 mile drive to Tulsa I would drive 55 with no issues about one hour longer that my F150 on 5 gallion of gas.

Last edited:
   / Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #33  
It's no wonder they do not allow these on state or federal highways!

But they are great for private property no doubt.

1624458261116.png

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #34  
They approved golf carts for use in our town and these are included (y)

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV
It's no wonder they do not allow these on state or federal highways!

But they are great for private property no doubt.

View attachment 703379
They are also ok for around town. 35-45 mph they are fine. You would have to be crazy to take one on the interstate or other high speed road. My town speed limit is mostly 35 or 40 so I feel ok driving it around.

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #36  
As stated earlier, these are neat little trucks that were made for urban areas with narrow streets and small operators. UTV's are made for something else and I think we'll be sticking with our 6x6. Which has about 55hp. :)
boss plows311.jpg
bossatwork2.jpg

Last edited:
   / Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #37  
As stated earlier, these are neat little trucks that were made for urban areas with narrow streets and small operators. UTV's are made for something else and we'll be sticking with our 6x6.

Wide streets and fat drivers?

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #39  
660 cc fi engine. 54hp 44ft/lb torque it's also 4x4. Good enough to cruise at 60mph without to many issues. It's slow to accelerate and for sure feels the hills but it does the job. Got it mainly for the property and runs to the transfer station. Insurance is 308 dollars a year.

Box is rated to lift 1500 lbs I think, good enough for what I need it for. The hydraulic cylinder is pretty stout compared to the other items on the truck. All 3 sides of the bed can also drop individually for oversize loads.

Has airbags, ps, ac and am/fm. Otherwise the interior is very basic.

I also got new tires so I can take it off road with a little more confidence. Yokohama Geolandar g003

View attachment 702928

compared to my f250 tires
View attachment 702929
View attachment 702930
Much of the world thrives with these little trucks!

/ Purchased a mini instead of a UTV #40  
I had a Honda mini truck for deer hunting. I really enjoyed it, but ended up selling it and buying a Toyota pickup.

The mini truck was small enough for trails in the woods and you can carry a ton of stuff in the bed, including a beer cooler and a few deer. The Honda did not have a low range and therefore was a bit underpowered. I had some larger ATV tires on it, and several times got stuck in the mud because the truck could not turn the tires. Also, the Honda mini truck is pretty rare in the USA, so parts were hard to get. Most of them I had to order from Japan.

It could go most places that a 4 wheeler can go, but my Toyota pickup can not, especially in thick woods.

I now have a Kawasaki Mule that I use for deer hunting here in Louisiana. I miss the heated cab that I had on the Honda mini.

I haul my Toyota pickup to Texas when I hunt there. The ranch in Texas is more open and dryer than here in Louisiana, so it fits well there, and it has AC which can be nice for early season hunting in Texas.