Purging new propane tank at home

/ Purging new propane tank at home #11  
No idea on those details, gasman. It's sold as a replacement for VW Vanagon tanks and is made by a well known manufacturer (Manchester), but beyond that - none of that info is listed in the specs or manual that I can see. This blurb is included in the description, but is pretty generic:

"Our tanks are manufactured by the OEM supplier, Manchester Tank. They are compliant with all Federal Regulations and are a direct bolt-in replacement for all Volkswagen Bus / Vanagon applications."

I'm in NW Washington. I've called every propane company and retailer within a 60 minute drive.
Is this a fuel source for the engine or appliances (stove, heater, bbq)?

/ Purging new propane tank at home #12  
If they won't purge the tank does that mean none of them will fill it either?
they shouldn't fill and tank that has not been purged. The adaptors for motor fuel fill valves are different than portable cylinders

/ Purging new propane tank at home #13  
I was just curious. He said none of them would touch purging it but will any of them fill it? If not, what are his plans to fill it? I have lots of 20 and 40 lb cylinders that I fill so I installed a pump on my home 500 gallon tank so that I can fill them without hauling them to the gas place and I also don't have to worry about outdated tanks.

/ Purging new propane tank at home #14  
I was just curious. He said none of them would touch purging it but will any of them fill it? If not, what are his plans to fill it? I have lots of 20 and 40 lb cylinders that I fill so I installed a pump on my home 500 gallon tank so that I can fill them without hauling them to the gas place and I also don't have to worry about outdated tanks.
well I hope that works well for you. How do you know when they are full ? Do you use a scale ?

/ Purging new propane tank at home #15  
they shouldn't fill and tank that has not been purged. The adaptors for motor fuel fill valves are different than portable cylinders
I didn't get that the tank was for fueling the engine. Sounded to me like it was for appliances and external uses. Regardless the filling port would be the same.

/ Purging new propane tank at home #16  
Wouldn't an RV shop know how to purge a tank for an RV?

Van Specialties in Portland does a lot of Sprinter and similar van conversions. Most newer ones are full electric but they probably can tell you who can do this if they can't do it themselves.

/ Purging new propane tank at home #17  
I ordered a kit for my home tank but haven’t installed it yet. How much vapor escapes when you swap the tank fittings?

/ Purging new propane tank at home #18  
Wouldn't an RV shop know how to purge a tank for an RV?

Van Specialties in Portland does a lot of Sprinter and similar van conversions. Most newer ones are full electric but they probably can tell you who can do this if they can't do it themselves.
yes they should

/ Purging new propane tank at home #19  
I ordered a kit for my home tank but haven’t installed it yet. How much vapor escapes when you swap the tank fittings?
when liquid release it expands 272 times as it vaporizes. Liquid vaporizes at temperatures over -44'F. Its the liquid that makes LP gas guys pucker up. By code it should release less than 4CC f I saw a pump on a homeowners tank I would probably not fill it. Too much liability.

/ Purging new propane tank at home
Is this a fuel source for the engine or appliances (stove, heater, bbq)?

One internal appliance only - Propex heater. External appliances on occasion as well.