Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor

/ Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor #11  
Looks good :thumbsup:

/ Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor #12  
I just added one a few weeks ago also. $18 at Sportsman Guide, it's a (new) military surplus vertical truck type mirror with a built in "spot" mirror on the bottom. It is positioned in "detents" with springs and will swing away when something gets a little too close. I have a 4 post canopy and it fit nicely on the front post. A lot more handy than I ever thought it would be for sure.
New U.S. Military Surplus Truck Mirror, Coyote - 592254, Field Gear at Sportsman's Guide

/ Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor
Rusty that swing away feature sounds good. I kept mine inside the tractor envelope but it still looks a little exposed. But then again anything that hits it will probably hit me too so I am hoping it will be a while before I bend it over.

/ Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor #14  
Rusty that swing away feature sounds good. I kept mine inside the tractor envelope but it still looks a little exposed. But then again anything that hits it will probably hit me too so I am hoping it will be a while before I bend it over.

I thought that mine was cheap @ $18! Can't beat a mirror in the snowbank price!

/ Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor #15  
Old Square truck mirror mounted on canopy brace- works pretty good

509 BH Boom (11).jpg

509 BH Boom (12).jpg

/ Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor #16  
I put a mirror on my Mule that's mounted with a slow moving vehicle (SMV) bracket. I can take it off and put it on with one hand when driving in the brush. Now that I'm used to having a mirror, I would feel lost without one.

/ Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor
Rear view mirror bracket looks a little better painted. Amazing how you can go to Tractor Supply and buy a can of spray paint and it is a perfect match. I don't know why I wondered if the mirror would be useful. After this short time I would now not want to be without one.

RearViewMirror4.JPG

gg

/ Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor #18  
I'm in the process of devising a way to mount a mirror on my ROPS so I can glance in it to see the edge of the implement behind - usually bush hog, blade or rake. I have to turn around constantly since I have poor peripheral vision and it's a bummer. I'm planning to do it with clamps so I can remove for the frequent occasions when I navigate through my forest areas. Will post if I can figure it out right.

Here's a link to a ROPS mirror mount: Mirror mount on a ROPS support. - OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota

/ Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor #19  
I bought a couple of cheap golf cart mirrors a while back and finally got around to installing them on the "towers" of my FEL mount.

Clamped the mirrors on temporarily with vice grips to get a good orientation that would allow for adjustment to suit both me and she-who-loves-to-bushhog. Drilled a pair of 1/4" holes in each tower. The "tilt" is a little odd-looking, but that's what was needed with these particular mirror brackets. Note that there's plenty of clearance and easy access inside the tower.

SANY1407 (1024x768).jpgSANY1408 (1024x768).jpg

"Squared" out all 4 holes with a small triangle file so that I could use carriage bolts to insure good clearance on the insides. Note: be careful with the placement of the LOWER hole in particular, so that you can fit a carriage bolt head and your fingers in there.

SANY1410 (1024x768).jpg

Other than the odd-looking angle of the mount holes/bolts, they work terrific. Total cost, less than $30.

SANY1411 (1024x760).jpg

SANY1412 (1024x768).jpg

SANY1413 (1024x768).jpg

- Jay

Last edited:
   / Put a Rear View Mirror on my Tractor #20  
I bought a couple of cheap golf cart mirrors a while back and finally got around to installing them on the "towers" of my FEL mount.

Clamped the mirrors on temporarily with vice grips to get a good orientation that would allow for adjustment to suit both me and she-who-loves-to-bushhog. Drilled a pair of 1/4" holes in each tower. The "tilt" is a little odd-looking, but that's what was needed with these particular mirror brackets. Note that there's plenty of clearance and easy access inside the tower.

View attachment 429791View attachment 429792

"Squared" out all 4 holes with a small triangle file so that I could use carriage bolts to insure good clearance on the insides. Note: be careful with the placement of the LOWER hole in particular, so that you can fit a carriage bolt head and your fingers in there.

View attachment 429798

Other than the odd-looking angle of the mount holes/bolts, they work terrific. Total cost, less than $30.

View attachment 429793

View attachment 429794

View attachment 429795

- Jay

JRobyn
Nice clean job...............also inexpensive!
+++++++++++++++++END