Put a snow plow on the loader.

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #11  
Looks good!

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #12  
Looks great! I built a SSQA snow plow last year and sold it for $400 more than I had into it after the season was over. My plan was to build a new one this fall, but I didn't see any blades I really liked. So I have the rear dirt blade on and had to deal with the storm today... definitely confirmed that the lighter front plow is the way to go! Decided I am going to look for a REALLY nice blade, tractor is mint so the blade might as well match.

kioti_snow-3.jpg

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #13  
Excellent job LD1

That looks great
Really makes me want to modify my pallet fork frame and use the left over blade I kept from the New Holland skid steer i sold.
but would need to add some trip springs to keep from damaging my FEL.
Also like how the plow has a built in ability to rotate up and down in both side receiver hitches using the (plow stingers?):thumbsup:

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #14  
Nice job LD. Your new nickname is "mister wizard" :)

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #15  
You may want to think about adding a cross over relief valve.I put one on mine after two years of plowing and it has saved damage a few times.I think Surplus Center has them.

/ Put a snow plow on the loader.
You may want to think about adding a cross over relief valve.I put one on mine after two years of plowing and it has saved damage a few times.I think Surplus Center has them.

Yep. I am one of the first ones to always mention that when someone posts a plow build. The hoses on the plow are shot and as of now, are the weak link. I may get a relief....but I don't really have anything to catch a plow edge on that would worry me. If I do, it will blow a plow hose, I'll replace it and install a valve.

/ Put a snow plow on the loader. #17  
   / Put a snow plow on the loader. #20  
The hardest part to get used to about using this plow, is that there is no reference point. I have to look everytime to make sure I am lowering the plow to the same spot every time, where as when mounted on a truck, the hitch part dont move, its just lower and go. If I dont pay attention and get the level the same everytime, when angling the plow dont remain level. IT will take some practice. Instead of holes, I should have cut slots in the lower pin holes. That way It would offer some degree of side to side tilt to contour to the ground better, or take the error out of it If I dont lower to the same spot everytime.

Could you use a skid shoe or caster wheel on the fork frame as an index for the loader height? A separate, possibly de-mountable, bracket or brackets on the fork lift frame would not compromise its use with forks.

Captain Dirty