Comparison Putting B front loader bucket on a L?

/ Putting B front loader bucket on a L? #1  

ProjectKing

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 FEL, Kubota L3301 FEL/BH, Ford Golden Jubilee, Honda Foreman 450ES, Polaris Ranger 400, Kubota ZD326, etc, etc
Hello,

Very close to ordering a L2501 with LA525 front loader and BH77 backhoe.

The quick attach bucket that comes with the LA525 is 66" wide. I would prefer a narrower bucket. Tractor is around 55" wide. The B2650 loader can be had with a 60" bucket and a 54" bucket.

My question is.... Do you see any reason I cannot run the 60" bucket? It is called a light material bucket... Not sure if the bucket is actually weaker than standard or if it's just a warning to no overload the tractor.

Any advice would be great. I have a L3830 that has a 72" QA bucket. I want the smaller bucket so I can get in tight areas, etc. Plus I think the 66" bucket is too big for the L2501.

Thank you! :D

/ Putting B front loader bucket on a L? #2  
Appears the LA534 and LA525 are basically the same but just used on different models, perhaps different width between arms. Don't see why you can't use a smaller bucket, I have a 60" on my B2650 and it seems to be about as big as the tractor/ loader can handle with a full load of dirt or gravel. It seems to be built heavy enough for any forces you can apply to it with that tractor and loader combo.

/ Putting B front loader bucket on a L? #3  
Get the right loader for the tractor, you can buy aftermarket quick attach buckets of any width. The 66 inch bucket is just right for the 525 loader. I have times when I wish my L3901 "same tractor" had a bigger bucket. As far as the buckets themselves are concerned, most of the new tractors are sold with the light material buckets. Honestly for the price, I'd be looking at aftermarket buckets or at worst if can't get a 60 inch bucket, you can always have the stock 66 inch kubota bucket cut down and made to what ever width you want. Just a thought.

/ Putting B front loader bucket on a L? #4  
If you are getting the quick attach you can order whatever bucket you want as long as it fits a SS quick attach. Or as has been suggested, order it without the bucket and buy an aftermarket.

/ Putting B front loader bucket on a L? #5  
I would not hesitate to get the 60 inch bucket. I have a 66 inch on my L3710 and it's juuuuuust a bit too wide for woods trails. Get the one you want. Don't get a big one and then buy another or cut it down. That's nuts.

/ Putting B front loader bucket on a L?
I would not hesitate to get the 60 inch bucket. I have a 66 inch on my L3710 and it's juuuuuust a bit too wide for woods trails. Get the one you want. Don't get a big one and then buy another or cut it down. That's nuts.

Yeah agreed I'm not cutting down a bucket.

That's what I thought... It looks a little big especially for what I'm doing. Thank you for the feedback!

/ Putting B front loader bucket on a L? #7  
Too big, or too small? Hauling firewood home, I wish I had the humongous bucket that was on our old L3130 instead of the 60" now on the L3400. All depends on what you are putting in it...

/ Putting B front loader bucket on a L? #8  
I wish I had a larger bucket on my b2620, now that I have a BH the loader isn't used for digging so moving as much material as possible per scoop is the priority now.

Once I get around to making the 4in1 I'll make it a little bigger, still need a large lose material bucket......

/ Putting B front loader bucket on a L? #9  
I wish I had a larger bucket on my b2620, now that I have a BH the loader isn't used for digging so moving as much material as possible per scoop is the priority now.

Once I get around to making the 4in1 I'll make it a little bigger, still need a large lose material bucket......
When I had my B2620,I also got a five foot bucket for a B3200.It fit right on the B2620 and had a lot more capacity.I used it mostly for snow clearing.

/ Putting B front loader bucket on a L?
Too big, or too small? Hauling firewood home, I wish I had the humongous bucket that was on our old L3130 instead of the 60" now on the L3400. All depends on what you are putting in it...

I can always hook my L3830 bucket to the L2501 if I need big volume. It's a 72" bucket. (0: