Putting horn on L3560

/ Putting horn on L3560 #1  

Taters525

Tractor
None
Would like to have a horn on my L3560. I hate aftermarket looking stuff that looks out of place and would really like to have a button the center of steering wheel. Yes I'm being picky but that's just me. Anyone ever done this?

/ Putting horn on L3560 #2  
Actually. the Kubota multifunction switch has a center button for the horn (which is required on European tractors). Your dealer can get you one. Not sure if the leads are in your loom but I bet they are. Never had the need but you can do it and not cabbage up anything.

Won't happen in the center of the wheel because the steering shaft is solid, not hollow.

/ Putting horn on L3560 #3  
Is your L3560 the "Special Edition"? I thought all of the L60 series tractors have a horn as standard.
I've been looking for a better sounding horn, preferably louder and lower tone. The one from Kubota sounds like a clown car horn.

/ Putting horn on L3560 #5  
The cab versions of the Lxx40 series all have horns in the center of the steering wheel, but I think the open station ones do not. If it is the same on the -60 series, then a steering wheel and the rest should be obtainable from Kubota if you look up the HSTC (C for cab) versions on Messicks or elsewhere.

/ Putting horn on L3560
To answer some of your questions. It says it's the "limited edition" but not "special edition" maybe that's one in the same. It does not have the cab. And my manual doesn't list any kind of multi function switch. Nor do I have one at least not if you're referring to one like in a car. But in my manual in does show a picture with there being a horn " if equipped" in the center of the steering wheel. guess I just have to track it down. Maybe searching the HSTC model will help. Or have a smarter person performing the search

/ Putting horn on L3560
Think I found it. Searching under the HSTC model on Messicks site. Just want to make sure it will work on mine. Don't see why it would be any different but maybe I will give them a call and ask before I order. Thank you for the help fellas.

/ Putting horn on L3560 #10  
I did mean the limited edition. There is a YouTube video that describes the various options that can be added back to the limited edition tractors - I think Messicks put it out. The horn switch does appear to be specific to the cab versions.

Last edited: