QA plate on factory bucket

/ QA plate on factory bucket #1  

Adiredneck

Gold Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota L3400DT, Kubota L5240
OK. I have seen posts all over the place on the correct Kubota P/N for my LA463 loader. Supposedly the Quick Attach P/N is L2230A? I have also seen many posts on the "finished" product of someone welding QA plates on their buckets.

How do you get the existing pin plates off? Seems like a cutting torch could get most of it off, but would leave a nasty slag next to the bucket. You could grind the rest off, but it seems like that would take forever.

Does anyone have pictures of the removal process?

/ QA plate on factory bucket #2  
I used a 4 ½ inch grinder with a cut off disc, actually 3 cut off discs… I bought the plates, and never finished the conversion on the bucket… I bought a 4in1 bucket and have never had a reason to use the original bucket…
If I continue with the conversion, though I can’t think of why I would… I’ll take pictures.
Don’t use a torch… Cut off discs are very nice and easy to work with…. For tight spots you may need to use a very small disk. KennyV.

/ QA plate on factory bucket #3  
I used a torch with a 45 deg tip so that the flame was parallel (ms) to the surface - left a little behind but not much - about 15 minutes with a grinder

/ QA plate on factory bucket
I guess it's time for a new grinder. I burnt mine up (it was a cheap one).

Thanks for the replies. I will make this one of my winter projects. I have a friend who welds (professionally). I think I'd be a little more comfortable letting him do the welding.

Now to think of all the skid steer attachments I can buy....