question 425 brothers

/ question 425 brothers #1  

jol1269

Silver Member
Tractor
p.t. 425
it looks to me as if the back wheels on my 425 are not staright up and down when looking at them from the front or rear does any one else notice this , i put a framers square on the floor next to the tires and the bottom of the tire hits the framing square but the top is about 1/2'' tilted in towards the frame , this is on both side s ........... i havent done anything rough with the tractor and only have 20 hrs on it

/ question 425 brothers #2  
Oh boy. now this will start something. Even people with wheels that look stright will be checking. I will post some pics of my 422 bought new in january 2003.

/ question 425 brothers #3  
right rear

Attachments

• 493062-right rear.JPG
    493062-right rear.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 296
   / question 425 brothers #4  
Did you measure at the wheels or the tires??

You said tires! The lower part of the tire will bulge out due to being loaded. Measure at the wheel rim edge, top and bottom.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ question 425 brothers #5  
left rear

Attachments

• 493065-left rear.JPG
    493065-left rear.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 271
   / question 425 brothers #6  
good point 14

/ question 425 brothers #7  
right rear view

Attachments

• 493067-rilght.JPG
    493067-rilght.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 256
   / question 425 brothers #8  
left rear view

Attachments

• 493068-left.JPG
    493068-left.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 239
   / question 425 brothers #9  
I've never noticed. I will agree with FOURTEEN that the tires will be a bit bulged at the bottom, so that would tilt the square. I suppose you could jack up the rear of the unit, pull the tires, and check the alignment of the hub to the frame, if you want to be sure.

I have turf tires and they are still in almost new condition after 160 hours. Still have many of the little rubber Sticky Up Thingees (not ****, which was my original choice of words, but that's what I always heard them called) from the factory on them. There are no signs of uneven wear on the inside or outside edges of any of the tires.

/ question 425 brothers #10  
I would agree - check against the rim - but that certainly does not look right - maybe the rim is bent - put it up on blocks (all four tires) and see if the rims spin true - It looks like maybe the rim is bent or not true - the mount looks true - so if it is not the rim - maybe the wheel motor somehow is not mounted perfectly perpendicular. The problem (if there is one) should be easy to figure out.