Question about Massey SCUT 3pt lift capacity... 1190 lbs?

/ Question about Massey SCUT 3pt lift capacity... 1190 lbs? #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
Hey fellas - those of you with GC's. According to TractorData the rear lift is 1190 @ ball ends. My seeder weighs in around 1165 lbs plus 50-100 lbs of seed. I'm considering picking up something small (no loader) with turf-tires, just to roll the grass seeder around without rutting up freshly graded ground (especially when soft). My local MF dealer has a cheap GC2300 with low hours on the lot. Still just tossing the idea around, not ready to buy yet.

So ... what say you? Can the GC handle rolling around a 6 foot Land Pride Primary Seeder ?

/ Question about Massey SCUT 3pt lift capacity... 1190 lbs? #2  
My 2400 handles a KK 5 ft tiller but it squats a little. Shipping weight is less than 700 lb, and without the loader I can't steer very well. I would guess that little 2300 would be a trick to steer if you could at all. I can't load my tractor with the tiller without the loader and you are talking a lot more weight. Ed

/ Question about Massey SCUT 3pt lift capacity... 1190 lbs? #3  
Bring the seeder to the dealer if you can and test it out. Or do the oposite bring the tractor to you and test it out.

/ Question about Massey SCUT 3pt lift capacity... 1190 lbs? #4  
No, it won't work. The tractor only weighs 200 lbs more than the seeder.

/ Question about Massey SCUT 3pt lift capacity... 1190 lbs?
Ok guys, thx for the feedback

/ Question about Massey SCUT 3pt lift capacity... 1190 lbs? #6  
I dont see any SCUT handling a 1165 # seeder + seed.

And even a ~2000-2500# CUT tractor in the ~30 HP range is gonna have steering issues unless you have a FEL or stack of front weights. But shouldnt have an issue lifting the weight.