question about PTO engage switch

/ question about PTO engage switch #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
OK, heres a question to all you Kioti owners . I have a new DK45SE HST with the electrical PTO engage switch on the dash. The salesman told me i simply have to flick the switch, in the manual mode, and didn't have to decrease engine speed.

the manual says to decrease engine speed, then engage the PTO. the question arises when i have the switch in the automatic mode. when you lift the 3PH, the pto dis-engages, and re-engages when the 3PH is again lowered.

Do i have to throttle down to do this??

i have not run any PTO devices yet, but dint want to damage anything.

so why have the auto off and auto on if you have to throttle down to use it. I'm confused

any input would be helpful

/ question about PTO engage switch #2  
I disagree with your dealer.
The electric PTO turns on hard and fast.
Reduce you RPM's to near idle before engaging or you will be replacing parts and shear pins.
With my tiller, finish mower, Etc. you don't notice the harsh engagement much.
But it is very noticable on my 6' rotory cutter. Even at idle it engages very hard when I throw the PTO switch.

/ question about PTO engage switch
Reduce you RPM's to near idle before engaging or you will be replacing parts and shear pins.

thank you

/ question about PTO engage switch #4  
With my tiller, finish mower, Etc. you don't notice the harsh engagement much.
But it is very noticable on my 6' rotory cutter. Even at idle it engages very hard when I throw the PTO switch.

I agree with Vince - very hard start with rotary mower and easier on everything if the RPMs are taken way down

/ question about PTO engage switch #5  
I agree also with the idea of min. RPMs to engage. I run a Woods 6ft brush cutter primarily and there is a big difference when I engage it at full throttle vs. idle....learned that early on. I always engage it at idle speed now.

The automatic setting is really nice for when you use a tiller (from my experience so far). When you're finished w/ the row/strip, lift it up, it disengages, etc. I've run the brush cutter, a tiller, and a PH digger so far & I have a habit of running everything manually. Personal choice.

Enjoy!!!! 71F & Sunny here in SW Ohio today:):):)

/ question about PTO engage switch
I agree also with the idea of min. RPMs to engage. I run a Woods 6ft brush cutter primarily and there is a big difference when I engage it at full throttle vs. idle....learned that early on. I always engage it at idle speed now.

The automatic setting is really nice for when you use a tiller (from my experience so far). When you're finished w/ the row/strip, lift it up, it disengages, etc. I've run the brush cutter, a tiller, and a PH digger so far & I have a habit of running everything manually. Personal choice.

Enjoy!!!! 71F & Sunny here in SW Ohio today:):):)

OHIO...hello ohio. its 50 and slight rain here today. we have a horse trailer being shipped from ohio later tomorrow.