Question about PTO

/ Question about PTO #1  

DaveSpain

Tractor
Farmtrac 390
Ok so new to this...I have a Farmtrac 390HST...What is the proper way to engage the PTO for the Bushog...
Thanks
Dave

/ Question about PTO #2  
At low rpm (almost idle) engage pto, then bring engine and pto rpms up to cutting speed. Tachometer should have a mark on it where engine rpms will produce 540 pto rpms.

Does tractor have an electric on/off PTO switch, or a lever that you can ease the pto (clutch) on with?
Does Bushhog have a sheer pin/bolt that will snap if turned on too fast, or a pto slip clutch?

/ Question about PTO
There is a switch for PTO, i keep rpms as low as i can, but when i engage PTO theres a big clunk, no clutch so i cant ease it in. Was just thinking i must be missing something...

/ Question about PTO #4  
Unfortunately many manufacturers have started using an electronic PTO switch that deliver big clunks and snapped shear pins. You can only idle it down to minimize.

I was thinking last night while sharpening rotary mower blades how usefull it is to turn “on” pto with tractor engine off to lock pto so blades don’t turn or get pushed away when sharpening, or when manually slipping the slip clutch on the mower to free rust by pushing blades. Can you lock pto from turning with an electric pto switch?