Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners.

/ Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners. #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
I need to keep my steep drive clear to the concrete if possible. I know the rears on the 2520 are wider then the blower width so the tires will overlap some and probably pack down the snow for the next pass. What is your real life experience?

/ Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners. #2  
I have one and it works fine. I sometimes drag a box blade behind that is wider than the tires. The blower really does a good job.

/ Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners. #3  
How much can you narrow the wheel base on the 2520? I looked it the manual and it says to use only the widest setting but I would not hesitate to narrow it for snowblowing.

/ Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners. #4  
Turbo, the s'blower will not scrape down to the concrete in any event. It does a great job of moving snow and clearing the drive out, but it will not scrape. The slightly wider stance of the tires has NO effect on the blower, IMHO. I too was worried about this when I got my tractor, but it has proved to be a non-issue. My job is to get the snow off of that drive to make it passable and clear for vehicles. The blower does a great job of this.
The BACK BLADE does a very good job of scraping the drive surface and does thereby greatly lessen ice formation. The blade will scrape your tire track impressions, too. I use a suitcase weight on each side of the blade for more weight/down pressure. The weights are tied on to keep them from bouncing off and/or moving around when I am working or ....
I am on the Manistee County shoreline and last Dec. I sometimes had to blow every four hours to keep the drive (900 ft. long) clear. The blower does a GREAT job. Those that plowed ONLY had real trouble after a few of those good storms as there was NO WHERE to push the snow!!

/ Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners. #5  
PS - I would NEVER narrow the stance of this tractor. #1 reason is stability, but right behind at #2 is the issue of rubbing 3-point arms. Get it wide and keep it wide!

/ Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners. #6  
Hi:

I don't have a 2520 (I have a 2305 and a 3720 cab). But, I run 6" (Each side) wheel extenders on my 3720 so even in the Narrow position I'm running 66" wide (I'd be 72" in the wide pos) which is 7" wider than the 59" snowblower. I thought this would be an issue but after one winter with a lot of snow I had no issues at all even when blowing around corners. I run R3's and they are great on hard packed snow and ice also.

I don't think a few inches either side presents an issue.

/ Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners.
Turbo, the s'blower will not scrape down to the concrete in any event. It does a great job of moving snow and clearing the drive out, but it will not scrape. The slightly wider stance of the tires has NO effect on the blower, IMHO. I too was worried about this when I got my tractor, but it has proved to be a non-issue. My job is to get the snow off of that drive to make it passable and clear for vehicles. The blower does a great job of this.
The BACK BLADE does a very good job of scraping the drive surface and does thereby greatly lessen ice formation. The blade will scrape your tire track impressions, too. I use a suitcase weight on each side of the blade for more weight/down pressure. The weights are tied on to keep them from bouncing off and/or moving around when I am working or ....
I am on the Manistee County shoreline and last Dec. I sometimes had to blow every four hours to keep the drive (900 ft. long) clear. The blower does a GREAT job. Those that plowed ONLY had real trouble after a few of those good storms as there was NO WHERE to push the snow!!

I've been using a 2305 and 47" blower the past 3 years and it has done a very good job. If I can keep my wife off the drive until I have a chance to blow it I can scrape it down to bare pavement or at least within 1/4" or so. What concerns me about the 2520 is the 3-4" tire overlap will pack the snow down the same as if it was driven over by a car. I switched to the 2520 because I heard that Deere was coming out with a wider blower but now it looks like it will be next fall before we see it so I have to do something in the interim.

/ Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners. #8  
I've been using a 2305 and 47" blower the past 3 years and it has done a very good job. If I can keep my wife off the drive until I have a chance to blow it I can scrape it down to bare pavement or at least within 1/4" or so. What concerns me about the 2520 is the 3-4" tire overlap will pack the snow down the same as if it was driven over by a car. I switched to the 2520 because I heard that Deere was coming out with a wider blower but now it looks like it will be next fall before we see it so I have to do something in the interim.

Do you have any pics of your 2305 with blower in action??

John

/ Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners. #9  
I have one of my 2210 in action.

Attachments

• Copy of SnowDay 059.jpg
    Copy of SnowDay 059.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 368
   / Question for 2520 and 47" Snowblower owners. #10  

Could weld some wings on the 47" if need be - cheap solution. I also have the 2305 with the 47" blower - works fine for me!