Question for JC-jetro on a 1725...........

/ Question for JC-jetro on a 1725........... #1  

mjstef

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XR3037C
Looking at a 1997 1725 Boomer for my business. It is a 4x4 with 7308 loader and 1500 hours on it. Only thing ever done was a clutch at 900 hrs. Comes with a tiller, bush hog and 16' trailer for $10,000. Anything i should look out for?? Also does this have independent PTO or a 2 stage clutch? Called New Holland Tech support and they couldn't tell me. Thanks in advance!

/ Question for JC-jetro on a 1725........... #2  
Looking at a 1997 1725 Boomer for my business. It is a 4x4 with 7308 loader and 1500 hours on it. Only thing ever done was a clutch at 900 hrs. Comes with a tiller, bush hog and 16' trailer for $10,000. Anything i should look out for?? Also does this have independent PTO or a 2 stage clutch? Called New Holland Tech support and they couldn't tell me. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the confidence you put on my opinion. There are many folks here that have much experience and I hope they chime in as well.

I have heard nothing but good news and reviews about that series of Shibaura/NH tractors. Yours is quite a bit more refined than my 1700 and I could not be happier with the things I do with my rig within it's limitation. Terms "independent" and "live" pto are used interchangeably amongst folks here and manufacturers but you have a " live PTO", dual clutch system. it is not considered "independent" that is hydraulically activated. 1st stage of dry clutch (1/2 clutch) to change gear and all the way down to engage or disengage pto. It is a good robust clutch and if operator is good would last a long time. double clutch replacement t disk is $1000 neighborhood and around $300 for single clutch thru ebay or bit more expensive at NH. You can have access to NH parts breakdown that could be very informative. Below I have link that shows you prices for a rig close to what you have. 1500 hrs is not a lot if the unit is taken care off. loader for sure bring up to $3000 to price if working well. trailer and the rest of implement should bring under $1500. All and all is good price. Is it one owner? has it been kept indoor? any history of repair other than clutch replacement? what was wrong with the clutch? doe it shift okay? do yo have good power? does the loader work? has the hydraulics ever been serviced? does the 3 point system work? have you lifted something heavy and finally do yo pics? we do love pics and can assess the general health just by examining the picture:D:D:cool:

Give us a bit more info but so far it appears like a solid set up. I'd jump on a rig like that for $800 without the extras. One thing that I really like about these tractor are they are basic , simple and most of us can really maintain them inexpensively and consumables are easy to find.

JC,

FORD 1720, Used FORD 1720, FORD 1720 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1

/ Question for JC-jetro on a 1725...........
Thanks for the help. I don't know what was wrong with the clutch but do know the guy bought the tractor brand new. It is 700 miles from me and am planning on going to get it Friday. Here are a few pics.

2LeftFrontQtr.jpg

7CockpitRightSide.jpg

4CockpitLeftSide.jpg

9MowerTopView.jpg

5PTO1.jpg

3EngLeftSide.jpg

/ Question for JC-jetro on a 1725........... #4  
it looks pretty good:thumbsup:. it looks more like newer TC series tractor that older vintage, although yours is pretty new. Land Pride implements are good and demand good price. if answers to the questions I asked previously were favorable then I think it is a pretty decent purchase, specially if you know the guy that you can trust and it is one owner. That was partially the case with my rig. Did the Land pride tiller come with it? that's a very good tiller indeed.

JC,

did

Last edited:
   / Question for JC-jetro on a 1725........... #5  
Tractor is in above averge cosmetic condition compared to other 1997 models-so it appears it was always kept indoors and maintained. If you buy it replace the rubber on the running board asap. That is an injury waiting to happen..slick as snot metal in the rain or ice.

Last edited:
Brought it home for $9500 and it runs great!!

/ Question for JC-jetro on a 1725........... #7  
Cool. I hope you get many years of good service from your rig. I'd suggest you get at a very least IT shop manual for your rig, couple it with NH website parts look up and start familiarizing yourself with your tractor. It'll be great if yo went after all changes, engine and hyd.

We need some picture of the whole tractor also.

JC,:thumbsup:

Here ya go!

Attachments

• tractor1.jpg
    tractor1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 561
  • tractor2.jpg
    tractor2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 187
  • tractor3.jpg
    tractor3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 193
   / Question for JC-jetro on a 1725........... #9  
I have owned a 1720 NH for the past 5 years...
Your unit is a newer version than mine but basically the same tractor...
That is a very fair price for that package...
In 5 years I have not done anything to my tractor except replace the ignition switch...
That is the only thing that is problematical on my tractor...
Since the clutch was replaced you should have a very reliable unit for many years...
That size tractor is what I call a "tweener"...
Big enough to move some dirt but light and nimble enough to mow lawns...
I really like my tractor and do not plan to get rid of it...
I may get a larger cabbed tractor some day but the little 1720 i here to stay...
Real handy tractor...

/ Question for JC-jetro on a 1725........... #10  
Congrats, good looking rig and cutter. Did you say you got a tiller too? I do think what you paid is real good.

JC,