Question On FEL Step Bumper Trailer Hitch

/ Question On FEL Step Bumper Trailer Hitch #11  
Thomas, I've been searching around for someone who's mounted a hitch receiver onto a bucket like yours for a good while this morning. The curled top edge makes simply bolting one on top impossible. I considered mounting on bottom like yours. Are you still using this setup? Does it ever get in the way on the inside of the bucket?

/ Question On FEL Step Bumper Trailer Hitch #12  
I mounted two hooks near the side of the bucket and a 2" receiver on top of bucket in center. The only thing I can use the center receiver for is moving a goose neck trailer. It just doesn't work for trailers and it is another spot to hook chains to... I cannot see the ball over the hood to hook it up plus the bucket is to tall for the regular trailers. Consider that.

/ Question On FEL Step Bumper Trailer Hitch #13  
I mounted two hooks near the side of the bucket and a 2" receiver on top of bucket in center. The only thing I can use the center receiver for is moving a goose neck trailer. It just doesn't work for trailers and it is another spot to hook chains to... I cannot see the ball over the hood to hook it up plus the bucket is to tall for the regular trailers. Consider that.

Seeing the ball over the hood is the problem for me.

I mounted my receiver INSIDE the bucket at the top center (bolted on).
With a straight (no drop) insert, the ball is barely visible over the bucket top, but the trailer jack must be nearly full up to get the ball under the coupler.
It works.

/ Question On FEL Step Bumper Trailer Hitch #14  
I’m thinking of using the receiver to mount a trash can carrier. I made some from wood that just hang on the bucket. They work ok but fall off when I lower the cans.

The one I’m thinking of building will hold everything more securely. Just brought the mig welder in from the barn and am planning to pick up some supplies this week. I haven’t welded in a long time and I was never great at it but a trash can carrier seems like a safe place to fail

The trailer ball will be nice, but secondary. My hitch is already a drop so I’ll measure to be sure I can get under the tongue before I commit to it.

IMG_0019.jpg

/ Question On FEL Step Bumper Trailer Hitch #15  
I just use one of these when I need to move my trailer. I did cut a couple of 2x4's to wedge on each side to keep it from swiveling if I make a tight turn.

untitled.png

/ Question On FEL Step Bumper Trailer Hitch #16  
A clamp on is my backup plan. Great idea on the 2x4. The pivot/swivel issue seems to be the biggest complaint on TBN.

Anyone use a clamp on with a Pirhana Tooth Bar? That stays on the loader most of the warmer months.