Comparison Question on new L3560 Grand

/ Question on new L3560 Grand #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I am looking into trading in my L3800 HST, FEL and BH for a L3560 FEL and BH. The reasons for this trade is I want a stronger FEL and BH, which I would get and I like the HST+ option on the L. My concern is going with the lower end Grand Series. Am I going to gain much moving from the L3800 as far as perfomance? I initially was looking at the 4060 and 4760, but the price is allot higher than I want to go. With My L3800, it seems like if I had a little more FEL and BH strength, it would work better for me.

/ Question on new L3560 Grand #2  
The L3800 HST weighs 2,668 pounds tractor only, according to Kubota.

The L3560 HST weighs 3,394 pounds tractor only, according to Kubota.

I have an L3560 with optional LA805 FEL and optional L2296 Heavy Duty, Round-Back bucket. I really like the HEAVY with HEAVY combination.

With the LA805 (1,279 pounds) and L2296 (397 pounds) hung out in front, you need 600 to 1,000 pounds counter-balance mounted on the 3-Pt. before picking up anything too heavy in the bucket.

All the bennies included in the Grand L series add to efficiency when you operate quite a few hours.

HST Plus is #1. #2 are the 3-Pt. telescoping, swinging Lower Links. #3. Side fuel from ground is nice. Much easier than top center fuel fill. (At least it is at age 67.)

After my bare bones Kubota B3300 SU I feel spoiled with the Grand L. Deserving, but spoiled. I bought the L3560 + LA805 + L2296 for tree work. I was using the FEL to transport 1,000 pound trunk sections this morning. I have air only in R4 tires. I need to run over turf regularly and tractor-loader combo is 5,400 pounds with 3-Pt bare.

In my amateur only work I have not found a lack of power.

Two complaints: No factory horn. I added a VERY LOUD Stebel horn from Italy. Design and placement of the cup holder is terrible, brush or a bump decamps containers. I added two additional cup holders for insulated, Polar brand water bottles. (I need to post pictures.)

How many hours on the L3800? Did you buy new?

This is my third tractor in five years. I should have started with a tractor this capable.

Attachments

• DSC00177.jpg
    DSC00177.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,155
  • DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 902
Last edited:
   / Question on new L3560 Grand #3  
There is over 700lbs difference in just the tractor, that there even "if" everything else was the same, gets the 3560 the advantage. Look at the spec sheets and compare for yourself. If you are interested in the HST+, that there is enough to go to the Grand L. ;)

/ Question on new L3560 Grand #4  
The L3800 HST weighs 2,623 pounds tractor only, according to Kubota.

The L3560 HST weighs 3,394 pounew tractor only, according to Kubota.

I have an L3560 with optional LA805 FEL and L2296 Heavy Duty, Round-Back bucket. I really like the combination.

All the bennies that are included in the Grand L series add to efficiency when you operate quite a few hours.

HST Plus is #1. #2 are the 3-Pt. telescoping, swinging Lower Links.

After my bare bones Kubota B3300 SU I feel spoiled with the Grand L. Deserving, but spoiled. I bought the L3560 + LA805 + L2296 for tree work.

In my work I have not found a lack of power.

With the LA805 (1,279 pounds) and L2296 (397 pounds) hung out in front, you need counter-balance mounted on the 3-Pt. before attempting to pick up anything too heavy.

Two complaints: No factory horn. I added a VERY LOUD Stebel horn from Italy. Design of the cup holder is terrible. I added two additional cup holders for insulated, Polar brand water bottles.

How many hours on the L3800? Did you buy new?

This is my third tractor. I should have started with one this capable.

A learning curve that many go through. We try to help people through this and not make the mistakes that we have made in the past saving others time & money. ;)

/ Question on new L3560 Grand #5  
I am looking into trading in my L3800 HST, FEL and BH for a L3560 FEL and BH. The reasons for this trade is I want a stronger FEL and BH, which I would get and I like the HST+ option on the L. My concern is going with the lower end Grand Series. Am I going to gain much moving from the L3800 as far as perfomance? I initially was looking at the 4060 and 4760, but the price is allot higher than I want to go. With My L3800, it seems like if I had a little more FEL and BH strength, it would work better for me.
What are you doing that requires more strength or weight? The hst+ is a great feature. Worth trading for it? That's up to you. I'm definitely partial toward the grand L but I'd hate to see someone trade for a tractor they don't need.

/ Question on new L3560 Grand #6  
There was a brand new L4240 on tractor house in your state awhile back. You'd have to add the loader and backhoe though.

/ Question on new L3560 Grand #7  
What are you doing that requires more strength or weight? The hst+ is a great feature. Worth trading for it? That's up to you. I'm definitely partial toward the grand L but I'd hate to see someone trade for a tractor they don't need.

Very valid point and discussed on some older threads. I must admit I was more than a bit skeptical of the HST+ over my HST on my much loved L5030HSTC. I remained unconvinced after a parking lot demo, but traded for a L5740HSTC anyway for a variety of reasons. A few day on the new tractor and I was sold; love it.

I've been sidelined much of this summer and my gear loving HST skeptic brother has been using my L5740HSTC+ to help me out and he is now a convert; loves the HSTC+.

As much as he likes it, I can't see him ever spending the money on one as his tractors get the job done; worth the money for me, not worth it to him.

/ Question on new L3560 Grand
I bought my L3800 new with the FEL and BH. It has 585 hours on it. I guess I don't NEED to upgrade as much as I WANT to upgrade. The L3800 does very well for me, but a little added lift power to the FEL and BH along with the increased weight would give me the edge I want. I'm still contemplating what to do. If I could get the right price for my L3800, I would make the move. The dealer is offering me about $17,000 for trade in which is too low for me. I have another thread about that journey. :)

/ Question on new L3560 Grand #9  
I bought my L3800 new with the FEL and BH. It has 585 hours on it. I guess I don't NEED to upgrade as much as I WANT to upgrade. :)

I can sure understand that, I owned several tractors before buying my Grand L. I started out with the intent of buying a Lxx00, but it didn't take me long to see the many things I preferred on the GL over L; seat, tilt steering, extendable lower links, front steering linkage, roomy operator platform, extra weight etc., I didn't even get the HST+ that time but rather bought a used L30 and loved it.

Now with age and health, the "wants" have become "needs".:laughing: