Question regarding funnels for different type of oil

/ Question regarding funnels for different type of oil
I'll admit I thought this thread was geared towards OCD, but your post intrigued me. I found that JD labels Clean Funnel brand funnels, which I have never heard of until now. Here's a link showing a variety of their funnels: Keep Grit, Dirt, and Debris Out of Your Equipment with Clean Funnel! - Gear Up With Gregg's - YouTube
I always wad a piece of newspaper in the down the snout after I use a funnel and toss in a covered bucket with the rest of the funnels. The caps would keep things much cleaner, and I really like that they use standard sized caps that can be replaced with other household product caps if lost.

Yeah, it has that OCD feel, I know :)

I have that funnel that has lids and as a bonus, it's a measuring funnel. You twist the blue spout to open it. Handy when you know how much fluid you need to put in.

/ Question regarding funnels for different type of oil #22  
I've several funnels. They get used for all kinds of oil, water, etc. If used for water and not long after for oil, just flush with a little bit of alcohol or acetone or paint thinner.

Ralph

I turn them upside down and place a paper towel over the small outlet in storage. That way, I don't have to worry about wiping or flushing them before using again.

Ralph

/ Question regarding funnels for different type of oil #23  
Dang, all these years I've been mishandling my funnel. I never knew all of this was necessary. I flip her upside down in my catch can drain and when I need it again I use it. I'm fairly certain anything that I used it on last has drained off. If it has dirt in it and it usually does, I wipe it out. You would likely pass out on the ground if you were around us for a while. A plastic tote for funnels?

/ Question regarding funnels for different type of oil #24  
I am definitely OCD about funnels... first off, I probably have 10-12 different sizes and lengths. Two different classes.... ones for only oils, others for gas or diesel. After use, they get wiped with a paper towel, a small twist / plug of paper towel in the end, then they get bagged in recycled plastic shopping bags (like from Walmart). Then on the "funnel shelf" so they are readily available.

/ Question regarding funnels for different type of oil #25  
Dang, all these years I've been mishandling my funnel. I never knew all of this was necessary. I flip her upside down in my catch can drain and when I need it again I use it. I'm fairly certain anything that I used it on last has drained off. If it has dirt in it and it usually does, I wipe it out. You would likely pass out on the ground if you were around us for a while. A plastic tote for funnels?

Yup, with welders, grinders, chop saws, mitre saws, table saws, dogs, and countless other airborne crap flying generating things in the shop, I keep my fuel and oil containers and funnels covered.

/ Question regarding funnels for different type of oil #26  
He didn't ask about debris. He asked about using a funnel for various types of liquids. Debris is easily handled by keeping my one funnel upside down and wiping it down when I use it. Truthfully, I rarely use a funnel. I fill my diesel from a GasBoy or FillRite fuel pump and I don't need one for oil in the zero turns or the tractor. And I quit changing my own oil in my vehicles years ago. I always have a restoration project car or truck on my lift.

/ Question regarding funnels for different type of oil #27  
I only use funnels for my generator business, and the main one is for transferring used oil to 5 gal can, and for placing under oil filter when unscrewing old filter.. Dont care if any junk is in it. New oil goes in directly from quart can. For my tractor I have a funnel that sits in shop in a tote with gallon oil cans to keep from dripping. No top on tote. Never worried. I make sure its clean before use. I’m just not that ocd yet......yet.

/ Question regarding funnels for different type of oil #28  
I only use funnels for my generator business, and the main one is for transferring used oil to 5 gal can, and for placing under oil filter when unscrewing old filter.. Dont care if any junk is in it. New oil goes in directly from quart can. For my tractor I have a funnel that sits in shop in a tote with gallon oil cans to keep from dripping. No top on tote. Never worried. I make sure its clean before use. I’m just not that ocd yet......yet.

If the funnel is dirty, how do you clean it?

/ Question regarding funnels for different type of oil #29  
just wipe it with a paper towel. the spout is pretty large...over 3/4" diameter. but there usually pretty clean. the ones for old generator oil i could care less about being dirty.

/ Question regarding funnels for different type of oil #30  
I have a funnel buddy, and keep a small funnel inside the funnel buddy. Everything drips to the bottom, and they are always dust free. Best purchase I’ve made for my oil management.