Questions about replacing equipment trailer deck wood and repainting trailer chassis.

/ Questions about replacing equipment trailer deck wood and repainting trailer chassis. #11  
WI had no title or plates anything under 3k gross quite expensive over 3k though and required yearly tags. mi has permanent plates for non commercial. When I moved Had to get a weigh ticket in the UP took it to a lumber mills scales Wi title didn't have weight of trailer title gross or empty. I guess they were also supposed to inspect. dmv let me title with just weigh ticket.
Same in SC, but what you save in registration you spend on locks to keep the trailer from being stolen. Lots of folks have come back from a day on the water only to find their trailer unhitched and gone. I prefer Virginia's system of a one time payment for a permanent trailer tag and a title so a thief cannot register a stolen trailer.

I use Chassis Saver for jobs like this. It is a less expensive Por-15 clone. The nice thing about those types of coatings is you do not need to get down to clean metal and the manufacturer recommends that you leave any rust that is not loose or flaking to increase adhesion.
Can it be thinned and sprayed with a hvlp gun, curious for my knowledge.

/ Questions about replacing equipment trailer deck wood and repainting trailer chassis. #12  
Same in SC, but what you save in registration you spend on locks to keep the trailer from being stolen. Lots of folks have come back from a day on the water only to find their trailer unhitched and gone. I prefer Virginia's system of a one time payment for a permanent trailer tag and a title so a thief cannot register a stolen trailer.

I use Chassis Saver for jobs like this. It is a less expensive Por-15 clone. The nice thing about those types of coatings is you do not need to get down to clean metal and the manufacturer recommends that you leave any rust that is not loose or flaking to increase adhesion.
Trailers are supposed to be titled in KY just no annual registration, but I don’t think any law will stop trailer thieves.

/ Questions about replacing equipment trailer deck wood and repainting trailer chassis. #13  
Trailers are supposed to be titled in KY just no annual registration, but I don’t think any law will stop trailer thieves.
Yep, my new trailer (last year) had to be titled and this spring I got the annual registration notice in the mail but it it was $0.00

/ Questions about replacing equipment trailer deck wood and repainting trailer chassis. #14  
but I don’t think any law will stop trailer thieves.
It will if you cannot get a title to get tags. SC does not require tags on utility trailers, so if you can get it you can use it since there is no way for law enforcement to know who the rightful owner is. Pulling a trailer without tags in VA is a sure way to get stopped.

/ Questions about replacing equipment trailer deck wood and repainting trailer chassis. #15  
It is time to replace my treated SYP 2x8 deck on my 20” drop tail equipment trailer. Treated SYP suitable for a trailer deck is now $42.00 each, for 16 footers. Luckily I can use 10s. They are “only” $18 each. Just thought I would mention the current price per ft, easy to figure.
I had three trailers then sold the 4x8, so now have the 6x12 and the 7x20.

Luckily I have a trailer manufacturer 1 mile from me, they built all of my trailers, so agreed to R & R for $200 + material.
It is a bit warm here.

/ Questions about replacing equipment trailer deck wood and repainting trailer chassis. #16  
Some things are good to have someone else do it, but imo for 200 with a bare frame will they check the wiring, nuts and bolts, bushings on springs, equalizers if it's a tandem, look for cracked welds, the list could go on of all the stuff I'd check with a bare frame, anyways if it's a newer well built trailer it's probably good to go.