Questions about Top and Tilt...

/ Questions about Top and Tilt... #11  
Based on the feedback on other discussions here, I got Top and Tilt when I ordered my tractor. Even though I had to postpone getting an arena drag for my arena, it has been great to have it on my box blade. Worth the money I spent on it.
If you can swing it I would highly recomend getting it.
Mark

/ Questions about Top and Tilt... #12  
<font color="blue"> JD Top and Tilt manual says "This kit is recommended only for rear-blade or box scraper operation...", </font>

Wow,.....I didn't know that. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Never got a manual with my TnT. I guess ignorance is bliss. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif But, I agree......can't see any reason why one can't use TnT with other attachments. One curious attachment I would find interesting to operate with TnT are post hole diggers if I want to drill a hole at an angle.

...Bob

/ Questions about Top and Tilt...
Thanks guys! Those pictures really help to illustrate the functionality. Since i'm not planning too much work with my 3pt besides mowing (finish and brush hogging), I'm not sure it will be a worthwhile investment...

But then again, if I can afford it, why not? One never knows what I may do in the future! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Questions about Top and Tilt... #14  
That's my feeling as well. I'm about to order a new tractor, and after reading all the posts here, decided to add one rear remote and a hydraulic toplink as well. I figured that the remote might come in handy just in case I needed to run something that required hydraulic remote - like a logsplitter.

/ Questions about Top and Tilt... #15  
How much does the rear remote and TNT kits cost?

(this being for a 4600 unit)

-Bob

/ Questions about Top and Tilt... #16  
As a ballpark price, and if it's anything like the 4310, I'd guess in the $2000-2500 range. On that machine you'd need to install the Field Diverter kit, a couple of extra SCVs, and the Top-N-Tilt kit. The Field Diverter allows you to switch the joystick function between the loader and the Top-N-Tilt.

/ Questions about Top and Tilt... #17  
Woof. I think I'll stick with what I have for now. My next purchase is the HD bucket with the bar and hooks - then look at either a bushhog or disc. I like the extra features the TNT might provide, but there are other things that I need to purchase first. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the info.

-Bob

/ Questions about Top and Tilt... #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( install the Field Diverter kit, a couple of extra SCVs, and the Top-N-Tilt kit. The Field Diverter allows you to switch the joystick function between the loader and the Top-N-Tilt.
)</font>

Why would you add a couple of SCV's and then set up the present one with a diverter? seems you'd have one or the other? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Questions about Top and Tilt... #19  
<font color="blue"> Why would you add a couple of SCV's and then set up the present one with a diverter? seems you'd have one or the other? </font>

I may be wrong here, but I think it has to do with how the operator controls are implemented. Rather than have an additional operator lever for each SCV they make the joystick do double duty. This is how the Deere kits are designed to work.

When I was shopping Kubota the guy told me that they could either add additional levers for each SCV or add the electric diverter so the joystick could do double duty. He indicated that the extra levers could be confusing and error prone and the diverter made it cleaner and easier to operate, but I suppose you could get used to it either way.

/ Questions about Top and Tilt... #20  
I suspect they're doing it this way to save space- it's getting pretty crowded on these compacts, and with the 4000 tens, the fender is no longer an option. The electric diverter controls the first and second scv's for lift and curl or top and tilt. The third scv is independent and is used for the clamshell or hydraulic cylinder on a rear implement.