Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800

/ Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800 #11  
I think the inner holes you're talking about only work on Bobcat style mini skids. I was talking about the 'toro/dingo' style which i think is the most common.

Here's tractor side: Mini Universal Adapter | Eterra

Here's attachment side:
s-l1600.jpg

It's only 24" across. I believe I can fit the adapter mount entirely between the pins of the full size SSQA plates. The mini adapter bolts on and off so i wouldn't be committed to one or the other, just have to run strong enough lateral braces between the SSQA plates at the right vertical spacing to bolt the adapter to. Right now i think 2x2x0.25 square tube would be fine for that. I actually already have the adapter in hand but need the full size SSQA plates and the square tube to build it.

/ Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800 #12  
Nice job. What latch boxes did you get?

I always wanted to do this but dont own a set of pallet forks yet so never did.

/ Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800
Nice job. What latch boxes did you get?

I always wanted to do this but dont own a set of pallet forks yet so never did.

Thanks. I got mine from Titan. They are ok, but not great. The plates were twisted a bit at the top (maybe a 1/16in) and the pins/bushings were not very smooth. (I don’t know why they had to cut them on a large rather than just buying tubing and cold rolled stock.) I sanded the bushings just a bit and with grease they don’t seem to bind, but they did when they were dry. All-in-all they are probably fine for tractor parts.

The biggest thing is figuring out how it will all fit together without spacers.

/ Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800 #14  
Impressive work, great looking welds too.

I've got the B21 TLB similar vintage to the B78000 and have been contemplating a QA conversion, its not the initial bucket cost and conversion ~ $1500, buts it then to add a grapple, third function, QA Forks for another $2K or more.
Agreed nice work.

I was thinking along the same lines. I'd love to get a grapple, but buying the grapple, hydraulics for 3rd function, ssqa conversion and I don't weld = $$$$

/ Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800 #15  
Agreed nice work.

I was thinking along the same lines. I'd love to get a grapple, but buying the grapple, hydraulics for 3rd function, ssqa conversion and I don't weld = $$$$
Trust me it's worth every penny!

/ Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800 #16  
Sure is a nice job. You well love it.

/ Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800 #17  
Good looking welds Mr. CCOGG. The welds on the bucket look better than factory!

/ Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800 #18  
Wow. Definitely "all in" after cutting the brackets off. VERY nice work by the way.

/ Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800
Thanks for the compliments. Heavy use will come this summer, but so far everything seems to be working.

Just got the wood chip, bark mulch, snow bucket done. Should hold close to a yard if the material is light enough. It’s 60in wide instead of 54in on the factory bucket. And I made it extra tall because I sometimes use it for hauling firewood etc. The sheetmetal is 14g. If I was doing it again I’d probably use heavier material and fewer reinforcements, just to save fabrication time, but I was trying to keep the weight down.

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_5998.jpg

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

/ Quick attach bucket conversion for b7800 #20  
Pretty cool. You gotta post a pic of that thing filled up when you get to using it. 😁