Quick Attach Not Coupling

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling #21  
Yes, the cylinder on the QA does not move evenly most times. It kind of floats between the two locking arms, and whichever one provides resistance first, stops, and the other end moves until it finds enough resistance to force the other end to move. Grease that area up really well around the locking arms, behind them, etc...

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling
Yes, the cylinder on the QA does not move evenly most times. It kind of floats between the two locking arms, and whichever one provides resistance first, stops, and the other end moves until it finds enough resistance to force the other end to move. Grease that area up really well around the locking arms, behind them, etc...

Should it 'end' flush and touching each tab - effectively locked without wiggle (technical term)?

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling #25  
"Tightness" varies by attachment for me. The plates are bent slightly differently, at least on my attachments. I think that they punch the holes for the tabs, and then bend it. An 1/8" makes a lot of difference on how tight the tabs are, and how loosely coupled the attachment is.

Have you tried other of your attachments to see if it is as "sticky" on all of them?

All the best, Peter

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling #26  
sorry for the delay, had to take a business trip. Here's another attempt at posting a picture. My stop is set right at the edge of the QA plate while yours is inset a bit - maybe enough to cause the contact. Related to the cylinder bolt that makes contact with the QA plate, mine does that as well (you can see the contact arc in the photo.) IMG_1386.jpg

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling
I talked to Terry a few times and he agreed to send me the assembly - got it yesterday and still have to put it on when I find some time. I'll let you guys know what I figure out.

The current one 'works' after some heavy filing, though there are still gaps between the tabs and 'considerable' wiggle. I don't think the attachments are going to go anywhere, but they sure do seem to bounce around a lot.

20190528_215302.jpg

/ Quick Attach Not Coupling #28  
Glad they stepped up on the replacement. Keep it greased up well, and clean it as needed, especially the areas behind the sliding tabs. I spray that area out with degreaser after really heavy dirt use, dry it out with the leaf blower, and put some grease back there. Also spray those ball joints on each end of the cylinder with super lube each 8 hours of use, just like everything else. More frequently with heavy use.