Quick Attach pallet forks

/ Quick Attach pallet forks #1  

gd165623

I have a new L2501 Kubota .Thinking about forks but dont need a 4000 lb rig. What is a good quick attach set up that wont be too expensive Thanks

/ Quick Attach pallet forks #2  
My tractor is about the same size and I went with Land Pride PFL1242, only 1,200 pound capacity but that’s more than your loader can lift 24 inches from the frame. Reasonable price at $800 earlier this summer and only 220 pounds. Everything Attachments makes a light 2,000 pound set but they’re more expensive. These are as light as I could find, most of the 2,000 pound ones weighed closer to 300 pounds.

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...ompact-Tractor-pallet-Forks-p/eta-scpf-42.htm

/ Quick Attach pallet forks #3  
That’s a pretty light rating. If you ever (intentionally or accidentally) lift with only one fork you can overload in a hurry. Plus your breakout force is 1800 lbs (la525) even at 24” so you can overload 2k rated forks by being just the tiniest bit uneven.

You can do it and probably be just fine, but an extra measure of caution is in order

/ Quick Attach pallet forks #4  
I have those EA 2200lb forks. They're pretty much perfect on our kioti 4010SE, which is similar specs on the loader to the Kubota L series you have. I had actually purchased them to use on a L3901 Kubota before changing tractors mid purchase. They are as light as you can get for how stout they are. An Artillian style might be slightly lighter, but you won't have the back stop on the fork frame and after using it for a while I think that's essential for moving most palleted loads or anything you don't want to end up crushing you in the driver's seat. I've already picked up about as much as my tractor should and the forks/fork frame could care less.

You really want 2000lb or more forks. You can lift more than the loader spec limit if you are only going a foot or two off the ground. 1600-2000lbs is possible. It's not smart, but the forks should be capable of it just in case you either feel you have to, or accidentally move something that heavy.

1300lb forks are sub-compact tractor size. They may be fine for many people's needs, but your tractor loader does actually exceed that spec weight limit and it's best to not have to wonder how heavy a load is. You can either move it... or not.

EA did a video of their 2200lb forks. They pretty much overloaded one fork to way more than 2000lbs and it survived it. EA hardox tine compact tractor fork test

Last edited:
   / Quick Attach pallet forks #5  
It seems light, but after you consider the weight of the quick attach coupler (~100lbs), and forks (~200lbs), you've already removed 300lbs of capacity. And that's before calculating the reduction in capacity by moving that 1,500lbs from the pins to 24" past the fork frame which is probably 30" from the pins. I couldn't find factory documentation for the LA525, but the brochure for the LA526 from the L02 says capacity is 1,144 at the pins and 864 500mm forward (20 inches), about 25% less. I don't know if it's a straight conversion but if you take 75% of 1,500 you're at 1,125 and that's still not accounting for the extra 10 inches. Having said all that, I wouldn't argue with anyone going to a 2,200 pound rated set, but as long as you're using the forks as pallet forks you will be fine. Land Pride specs say ratings are based on palletized weight supported by both forks, so if you're using them as a pry bar to dig stumps or hanging all the weight on one fork you should probably move up in class. The EA forks seem best for weight to load rating, but I didn't see the benefit of paying for a heavier rating I wasn't capable of using. If there's a chance you'd ever upgrade tractors you might want to consider a heavier set so you don't have to re-buy later.

/ Quick Attach pallet forks #6  
My tractor is about the same size and I went with Land Pride PFL1242, only 1,200 pound capacity but that’s more than your loader can lift 24 inches from the frame. Reasonable price at $800 earlier this summer and only 220 pounds. Everything Attachments makes a light 2,000 pound set but they’re more expensive. These are as light as I could find, most of the 2,000 pound ones weighed closer to 300 pounds.

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...ompact-Tractor-pallet-Forks-p/eta-scpf-42.htm

$1100 for a light duty set is prety expensive.

I recently got a set of "express steel" 4,000lb foks for $711 shipped to my door. I believe there website is still doing a sale, they also offer free freight shipping to a residence. If I remember correctly there standard forks with 48in blades where 325lbs.

Also an American manufacturer. Not a resale company. Tomahawlk attachments is also another lower priced, american manufacturer.

/ Quick Attach pallet forks #7  
I have a bigger tractor. But, I use the forks more than the bucket. Actually, haven't had the bucket on in a month.