Backhoe Quick Backhoe Oper. Question

/ Quick Backhoe Oper. Question #1  

MDM

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800HST
I've got a L2800 with BH75 hoe. My cousin needs about 60-70' of waterline laid at his new house. He has a 16' stock trailer and my TLB will not fit. However, if I remove the loader it will fit. Would you all see any problems in digging this little bit of a trench without the FEL on the tractor. I thought I would be OK if I just go slow and easy. Terrain is flat. Thanks guys.

/ Quick Backhoe Oper. Question #2  
Have you considered backing the machine on to the tractor and hanging the back how over the toung. It might give you the space you need and the more toung weight.

/ Quick Backhoe Oper. Question #3  
It could be done but the FEL does a lot to anchor the front of the machine. I'd look for someone with a utility trailer to haul it over for you.

/ Quick Backhoe Oper. Question
Its a stock trailer that is rounded in the front. There tractor simply will not fit with the loader attached. My dad has a 27' gooseneck, but it is loaded down with his dozer at the moment for a job on Monday. I might just have to take the loader off and digg some holes in the back yard and see how it does.

/ Quick Backhoe Oper. Question #5  
How far away is it? How about two trips - take the BH off, tote the tractor and FEL over to your cousin's place, drop off the FEL, haul the tractor back to your place, put the BH back on, and head back to his place. Hook the FEL back on and go at it. Again, works if the trip isn't too far.

/ Quick Backhoe Oper. Question #6  
I've got a L2800 with BH75 hoe. My cousin needs about 60-70' of waterline laid at his new house. He has a 16' stock trailer and my TLB will not fit. However, if I remove the loader it will fit. Would you all see any problems in digging this little bit of a trench without the FEL on the tractor. I thought I would be OK if I just go slow and easy. Terrain is flat. Thanks guys.
Two trips. Safety first.

"But it won't happen to ME!"

Safety first.

/ Quick Backhoe Oper. Question
We're gonna try taking the bucket off the FEL and swing the hoe to the side. Might be able to raise the loader arms up and let them stick out the back of the stock trailer if we have too. We'll put the bucket back on when we get to the location.

/ Quick Backhoe Oper. Question #8  
I vote for 2 trips...Stay safe.

Don

/ Quick Backhoe Oper. Question #9  
Just drive the tractor over. You can use the seat time. :D

/ Quick Backhoe Oper. Question #10  
Unless the trailer is a gooseneck, it seems to me you could put the FEL bucket in the bed of the truck that tows the trailer. Maybe you could even get it in there with the backhoe...