Quick connect coupler recommendation

/ Quick connect coupler recommendation #1  

Husaberger

Bronze Member
Tractor
L4740 HST, DK65S
My Kubota has ball style quick connect couplers and most of them leak like crazy
I recently got a Cat skid steer and it has flat face couplers
They are super easy to connect/disconnect and don't leak a drop of fluid
I'm thinking about converting all of my Kubota quick connects to the flat face style
Any advice on this and what brand to go with?

/ Quick connect coupler recommendation #2  
They don’t connect as easily as you think.
when there’s some pressure built up in the system (from sun/sitting and temp change) the pressure can’t be ‘relieved’ nearly as easy by whacking the tip!!

These still leak. I can’t tell from where but haven’t put much effort into it. it’s not from being loose on the hose/valve I do know that…..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
   / Quick connect coupler recommendation
They don’t connect as easily as you think.
when there’s some pressure built up in the system (from sun/sitting and temp change) the pressure can’t be ‘relieved’ nearly as easy by whacking the tip!!

These still leak. I can’t tell from where but haven’t put much effort into it. it’s not from being loose on the hose/valve I do know that…..
What brand are those?
Also, looks pretty clean
You should see what the rear of my L4740 looks like
I wonder who makes the Cat couplers...

/ Quick connect coupler recommendation #4  
My John Deere skid steer flat face couplers came from the factory with Parker Hannafin in my experience they are good and I've had to replace cheaper brand flat face couplers on the attachments but not the skid steer. As mentioned they can be a pia to release though.

/ Quick connect coupler recommendation #5  
I believe Parker purchased Pioneer so like Jeff states name brand with good reputation

Eaton Aeroquip, Faster, Snap-tite are other name brands of QD manufactures that have been historically good quality

Are your existing QDs leaking while connected or when not in use?

/ Quick connect coupler recommendation #6  
To tag onto this thread as it's 100% on target as I'm wanting to do the same to my Kubota.

- Are Kubota 1\2 NPT ?

- What about the Summit brand on Amazon?

- Some are labeled "pressurized" QC ... are they worth the extra $10\ea? Seems like it if they work as expected.

/ Quick connect coupler recommendation
I believe Parker purchased Pioneer so like Jeff states name brand with good reputation

Eaton Aeroquip, Faster, Snap-tite are other name brands of QD manufactures that have been historically good quality

Are your existing QDs leaking while connected or when not in use?
Both but worse when connected

/ Quick connect coupler recommendation #8  
Anyone finding this in the future... Kubota front 3rd function on my Kubota M59 the parts diagram shows the CAP on FEL hydraulic as 1\2-14 NPTF (where factory parker QC are hooked up or a CAP) so you can use 1\2 NPT Skid Loader \ Flat Face coupler WITH Teflon tape (rated for hydraulic fluid\oil). The backhoe hose for thumb goes 1\2 to 3\8 so you need to change this to use 1\2 connections if that's your goal which requires a NPT to NPT nipple, and then the flat face connector if you use the bracket to hold the hose in place, if you want to eliminate that it looks like you could go from the tractor-side hose 1\2 to (existing) nipple to 1\2 NPT quick connect.

Last edited:
   / Quick connect coupler recommendation #9  
If leaking when connected you either have mismatched connector styles - brands (wrong OD on male) or worn O-rings in the female half. When not connected sounds like leaking poppet or ball seat in that QD half.

/ Quick connect coupler recommendation #10  
Are you talking about the loader couplers at the control valve? OR is this a 3rd function coupler? Or remotes? I dont think you ever said WHICH couplers.

The Skidsteer flat face couplers are expensive and quite a pain to hook and unhook UNLESS you get ones make to connect under pressure. And they are expensive.

Which side is leaking when unhooked? There should be no pressure to speak of when unhooked.

Leaking while hooked is the o-ring inside the female as mentioned. And if the females also happen to be the ones leaking when unhooked....just simply replace them .