Quick Disconnect Fitting Interchange

/ Quick Disconnect Fitting Interchange #1  

Gregster613

Platinum Member
Southern Ca. halfway up a mountain in rural Ramona
Tractor
273 TYM. 2009 //Yardmachines 7 Speed Shift-on-the-goScotts L2048
Hello Hydraulic Guru's,
I wondered if I could get some help or at least ideas where to look next. I'm trying to cobble together a hydro gauge to occasionally monitor my system. I'd like to be able to plug in and out from the loader system as that's usually all I'm concerned about. My trouble is I am having a devil of a time trying to find quick disconnect fittings that will allow me to do so.

Information written on my original fittings that came with my TYM273 follows: written/stamped on only the female -- KWAN KWANG 09 PT 3/8 -- they are mounted to 1/4 inch flexible hose from the loader valve and connect to hard line pipe. This is where I disconnect whenever the loader is removed. I see the reducers in the ends of each (Male & Female) fitting. So, I came to the conclusion they are 3/8 QD fittings. They appear to be agricultural style fittings, but they do not have the rounded ball inside, rather a prominent protruded end, on a slightly v-shaped style ball - perhaps a pop-up style? I am unsure as to that. The male has nothing written/stamped on it at all.

I purchased from DHH three sets of 3/8 inch 3AGF3 - AG3F3 which are supposed to interchange with Parker/Pioneer 4050-3 [female] & 4010-3 [male]. Hoped they'd fit, but ... they don't. They won't quite fit inside the KWAN KWANG fittings - they are just a "tad" bigger in body. I realize that I could just buy several more QD's and change out them all - but - I'd rather not do all that.

If I can just figure out what they interchange with my solution to a plug-in gauge is solved. Have any of you ever sourced Korean hyd fittings? Any source suggestions greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Greg

/ Quick Disconnect Fitting Interchange #3  
Hi Greg! Marc from DiscountHydraulicHose. Can you give me a call or send us a photo of the Kwan fitting? I am trying to cross reference it on our end as well to figure out what you have there. As Eric pasted, the QD Size chart may also be helpful to determine what series it is.. the AG and the ISO 7241-1 A and B all are similar but do not interchange directly. Looking forward to being able to help you with this. Thanks!

/ Quick Disconnect Fitting Interchange
Hi Hydraulic experts, I found my interchangeable fittings! Once I realized that I was dealing with poppet style fittings; I took advice from Marty in the TYM section and ordered some ISO 7241-A QD's. They came last night. I only had time to give a quick check and "Yes" they fitted into the KWANG's nicely! I didn't run under pressure yet but am sure that as long as they completely connected together they will be fine. It looks like I will now have several spares on hand also. I will be able to complete my gauge and then begin focus on my step by step diverter install. Thanks Much for the right information that I needed. I will also post this in the hydraulic section since I originally asked for help there also.
Thanks a bunch! Greg

/ Quick Disconnect Fitting Interchange #6  
The folks at DHH are really great! They helped me avoid an expensive mistake in setting up hydraulic hoses for my new backhoe, when I became confused about fitting size terminology. They have (at least what I consider to be) reasonable pricing and shipping policies, and are very quick to fabricate custom hose assemblies.