Quick Disonnect for TNT?

/ Quick Disonnect for TNT? #1  

BeezFun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I'm adding top and tilt, I notice many installation photos I see here use QDs on the remote valve to connect the TNT cylinders. I'm wondering if there's any reason not to hard plumb them in. I wouldn't be able to use the rear 3pt without the TNT cylinders connected, and I have an extra valve that I primarily use for a post pounder. I'll put a QD on that extra valve.

/ Quick Disonnect for TNT? #2  
You can theoretically do it with or without QDs. Totally up to you.

There's a guy in my neck of the woods who put quick disconnects on almost everything, including some parts of his loader. Why I don't know, but like I said, it's not going to hurt nothing.

Back in the day, practically everything was hard plumbed.

/ Quick Disonnect for TNT? #3  
This is just my thinking but I would never hard plumb them. You never know what you might want to do with your tractor hydraulics in the future. You can even set your TnT cylinders where you want them then unplug the TnT hoses and run something else. Cylinders will stay right where you left them. I have a sickle bar mower that requires a tension chain to run up and over the top link. I remove the top link cylinder when I mount it and run the chain over a standard top link instead of risking damage to the cylinder or ram. Or wonder if you want a different length cylinder for a new implement. Just plug it in or do a replumbing job every time you switch implements around ????? You just never know what you might want or need to do in the future. QD's are make it flexible and they aren't expensive.

gg

/ Quick Disonnect for TNT?
You can even set your TnT cylinders where you want them then unplug the TnT hoses and run something else. Cylinders will stay right where you left them.
I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't think about that, I was imagining I couldn't use the cylinders if the hoses were disconnected, which is true, but I can adjust them and leave them there. I wouldn't even be thinking about this but the area where I mounted the valves is kind of congested already and the QDs add bulk in a spot I don't need any bulk. tnx

/ Quick Disonnect for TNT? #5  
No need to be embarrassed, there are so many little things like that. It takes a long long time to learn them or hear about them. One of the benefits of TBN is you never stop picking up stuff.

There is nothing wrong with hard plumbing I was just trying to throw out some stuff you may not have run into.

If your valve area is too congested maybe you could run hoses to a bulkhead or bracket where there is more space and put your QD's there.

gg

/ Quick Disonnect for TNT? #6  
If your valve area is too congested maybe you could run hoses to a bulkhead or bracket where there is more space and put your QD's there.

gg

Many tractors are set up factory this way even.