3-Point Hitch Quick Hitch won't fit on my XR4140

/ Quick Hitch won't fit on my XR4140 #11  
I would contact LS and ask that they supply industry standard hitch arms.
If the balls will not fit the QH,, they will not fit any 3 point attachment.

I can't understand people that jump to make comments like this other than to take every opportunity to try to bash a company. With the minimal info and no pics from the OP, and no other LS owners reporting any problems before this how about try to rule out the more likely problems first.

/ Quick Hitch won't fit on my XR4140 #12  
I can't understand people that jump to make comments like this other than to take every opportunity to try to bash a company. With the minimal info and no pics from the OP, and no other LS owners reporting any problems before this how about try to rule out the more likely problems first.

Lets see,, he gives us ZERO info to work with,,,
so we need to give him some reason to check what he has,,, and respond.
SOMETHING is wrong, the items are not in my driveway,,,
if he does nothing,, nothing will happen.
No company bashing,, just inspiring.

What exactly did your response do to help the OP?

/ Quick Hitch won't fit on my XR4140 #13  
Lets see,, he gives us ZERO info to work with,,,
so we need to give him some reason to check what he has,,, and respond.
SOMETHING is wrong, the items are not in my driveway,,,
if he does nothing,, nothing will happen.
No company bashing,, just inspiring.

What exactly did your response do to help the OP?

That was my point! You even read your response, or mine for that matter? How about we get more info before you tell him to contact his tractor manufacturer to "ask that they supply industry standard hitch arms".

"just inspiring".....not exactly.

Sorry to the OP. Done with the side track.

Waiting on some pics so hopefully we can give some help.

/ Quick Hitch won't fit on my XR4140 #14  
Sounds like he has a clevis style hitch that the balls will not fit in. Bend the quick hitch arm a little bit and balls should fit.

/ Quick Hitch won't fit on my XR4140 #15  
If you pull up "tool tuff on ebay", where he bought the hitch you can see the design. There is a gap the balls on the lift arm must slide into to be pinned. This info is in he second post.

A suggestion is to measure the width you have to slide the balls into and if you are where you can measure the width of the balls on other tractor arms. If you keep the quick hitch on guess grinding the sides of the ball a little will harm nothing, but the grinding does change the balls from being round and if you drove the tractor with no implement or quick hitch installed, it might allow the now not full size balls to rotate where the thinner ball could drop out the lift arm. Could not happen with any thing running the the lift arm.

It would seem one of two issues here or both combined: the balls on your lift arm are larger in diameter thus wider than standard which makes the question of asking the tractor company for arms that are industry standard sensible or the gap on the quick hitch is too narrow which the tractor would not be the fault or you may find both companies blew it.

/ Quick Hitch won't fit on my XR4140 #16  
Alright I see (can understand) your problem. I'm not sure how much extra clearance you need in order to be able to slide the lower lift arm balls into the QH but I'm thinking you need just a small fraction of an inch extra clearance. So, assuming I'm right, here's what I would do:

1. Take your 4" hand held grinder and try to expand the width between the two sides of the pocket in the QH. Try to take a wee bit off both sides to see if you can get that extra fraction of an inch.

or

2. Take your porta power and see if you can insert the hydraulic spreader between the sides of the pocket and expand the pocket just a bit.

If none of that works or makes any sense for you, call up Tool Tuff ---- you can't be the only one with the problem. But if you are the only one ---- they may be able to exchange the one that they shipped to you with one with more clearance.

/ Quick Hitch won't fit on my XR4140 #17  
Everyone keeps citing "industry standard" here. I did a quick Google search, and couldn't easily find what the "standard" dimensions are supposed to be ... beyond the distances between pins. Does anyone know exactly what the dimension is supposed to be for that ball, or have a link to the information? That would make it pretty easy to determine if the problem is the ball or the QH.

/ Quick Hitch won't fit on my XR4140
I got the balls to fit. I just filed a slight amount off the sides of the balls. It is a tight fit but it does fit.

I did not file enough off to where the balls would fall out if they rotated in the arms.

I am pretty sure that it is the QH's problem not the LS. I am guessing that everything was correct when they built it and then they powder coated it which made the tolerances tighter.

Thanks for everyones suggestions.

/ Quick Hitch won't fit on my XR4140 #20  
I got the balls to fit. I just filed a slight amount off the sides of the balls. It is a tight fit but it does fit.

I did not file enough off to where the balls would fall out if they rotated in the arms.

I am pretty sure that it is the QH's problem not the LS. I am guessing that everything was correct when they built it and then they powder coated it which made the tolerances tighter.

Thanks for everyones suggestions.

I had the same issue with the quick hitch I put on my Mahindra. I ended up slicing the hitch below the hole, spreading it a bit, and welded it back together. Slides on nice now.