Quick Hitches Quick hitch

/ Quick hitch #1  

framer

Gold Member
Tractor
B7800
Would like to know pros and cons on 3 point quick hitches. I have seen both here on tbn. Thanks Framer

/ Quick hitch #2  
In my opinion, the hitches that require something special on each piece of equipment don't make sense. Hitches like Pat's Easy Change are great, don't require any change to equipment. They all extend the connection point back a few inches, generally not a problem but might require lengthening a PTO shaft that was right on the edge to begin with, or require adjusting toplink, or some other little tweak. Quick hitches also make it easy to get the width set properly before you hook up so you don't have to shove the equipment side to side to get things centered and adjusted properly. Quick hitches rapidly change from being a luxury to a necessity starting at about age 50.

/ Quick hitch #3  
I love my land pride quick hitch. Can hookup to and disconnect anything I have with ease-usually with out leaving seat. Also use hook on one side to move trailers around also without leaving seat. And can lay axe in hooks, close latches and sharpen. Has also served as bumper to protect rear end when I wasn't watching. Sometimes put shovel and other long tools in hooks for transport. Only time I remove it is to use neighbors cat 0 landscape rake. Have seem several posts on washer rigs needed on Pats style to keep ends from slipping out-not needed with C frame types. I really can't imagine being without it.

/ Quick hitch #4  
The pros: faster and easier switching between implements. You really can just back up to the piece and lift, throw the handles and go. I do have to get of my tractor to raise the "kick stand" on my rake and blade, but it's fast and effortless. No wrestling and fighting. As far as the adapters, I just use the CAT1 to CAT 2 pins. Cheaper than the bushings and they work fine.

Tractor Supply Company - Category 1-2 Draw Pin

The cons: not all implements follow the standard. Some need modification to work. If you already have a bunch of implements you might need to do some hacking to make them work. If you don't have many now it's not as big of a problem as you can pick ones that are hitch compatable when you do buy.

I find mine very useful. It only comes off the tractor every couple of months and I'm on mine nearly every day. It's something I'd buy again.

/ Quick hitch #5  
I started out with a HF quick hitch and modified my 3 attachments to fit.As i kept getting more attachments with different widths and top pin heights I switched to a PATS. With the HF hitch I had to change the height on the hook for the top link on some of the attachments any way so having to hook the top link on the Pats isn't any slower and I don't have to modify any thing.
Bill

/ Quick hitch #6  
Would like to know pros and cons on 3 point quick hitches. I have seen both here on tbn. Thanks Framer
I had one - got it from Harbor Freight. But I owned too many implements it couldn't pick up due to inconsistent pin spacing (implement problem, not QH problem). So I sold it and went for a 2-point alternative; the Pat's Easy Change system. Liked it so much on my Cat 2 tractor, that I bought another set for my Cat 1 tractor.

When used in conjunction with a hydraulic toplink, it's a hard combination to better. Still requires that I get off the tractor to connect the HTL to the implement, but the combo is still faster than all the fumbling and pounding I had to do with the QH - and both tractors now pick up every single implement I own.

//greg//

/ Quick hitch
Not to many cons against quick hitch. I guess i made the right decision to put
one on my tractor and i am past 50. i will modify any implement i might own
in the future.Thanks Framer

/ Quick hitch #8  
this is my first tractor, and within the first few days I was hating trying to get attachments on and off. Read TBN, and bought Pats. Love it. There are still a few issues when getting a new attachment set, but the ease of hook-up is a godsend. The washers on pat's are no biggie, I'm still working on a method to keep from loosing them, but I also have learned to make a few also.
I think pats it the best with cost/product

/ Quick hitch #9  
Like has been said, not all implements made the same and some mods may be needed so everything can mount without adjmts. The other thing I find is the quick hitch makes it more difficult to get access to the pto connection at the tractor. My somewhat narrow tractor adds to the problem. With my tiller I've gotten to the point I attach the pto at the tractor first then connect at the tiller end.

If it weren't for the pto issue, I'd not have a single complaint with a quick hitch.