Quick Hitches Quick hitch

/ Quick hitch #11  
   / Quick hitch #12  
Cadplans, does that replacement hook have more reach than the OEM hook on the HF QH? Is that how it solves the problem?

Yes,, it is the same as welding on a block of steel,,, and drilling two more holes.
I got a welder, steel, and a drill press,, this was SO much easier.

Am I getting sorry, or what, in my old age?? :eek:

:laughing:

/ Quick hitch #13  
Yes,, it is the same as welding on a block of steel,,, and drilling two more holes.
I got a welder, steel, and a drill press,, this was SO much easier.

Am I getting sorry, or what, in my old age?? :eek:

:laughing:

Thank you very much for the heads up on that replacement hook. I have read many QH threads and that's the first mention I have seen of that option. Simplifies things greatly for us non welders. I'm going to order mine right now.

/ Quick hitch #14  
Thank you very much for the heads up on that replacement hook. I have read many QH threads and that's the first mention I have seen of that option. Simplifies things greatly for us non welders. I'm going to order mine right now.

Order a BUNCH of hitch pin spares,, etc,, and any other spares that TSC is always out of,,,
I even ordered a set of the quick hitch adapters,, for the lower pins.

The more you order,, the shipping gets spread out,, you can get a LOT for the $9 shipping.
I think if you order $200,, the shipping is free. :cool2:

/ Quick hitch #15  
Order a BUNCH of hitch pin spares,, etc,, and any other spares that TSC is always out of,,,
I even ordered a set of the quick hitch adapters,, for the lower pins.

The more you order,, the shipping gets spread out,, you can get a LOT for the $9 shipping.
I think if you order $200,, the shipping is free. :cool2:

Are you referring to the lower pin 'bushings', Mate?

If so I agree that the OP needs a set for each of his implements plus one or two extra sets for any future implements he gets.

/ Quick hitch #16  
Are you referring to the lower pin 'bushings', Mate?

If so I agree that the OP needs a set for each of his implements plus one or two extra sets for any future implements he gets.

Yes,, QFS has those,, and the top hook adapters, bushings, or whatever they are called.

/ Quick hitch
I came up with a $10 quick fix until my parts come in. I bought a 3/4" twist clevis. I put the rounded part around the pin on the mower and drop the clevis pin into the hook on the quick hitch. Works like a charm so far.

/ Quick hitch #18  
I tried to order the replacement top hook last night online. The website wasn't functioning right so I called this morning to place the order. I asked the person I talked to on the phone, Kevin, if that hook had the extra reach, and he didn't know. Also, they are out of stock. He didn't know when they would be back in stock. He is supposed to call me back with updated information.

Cadplans, have you installed the hook you ordered? Did it in fact have the increased reach we are needing?

I expect that if this is indeed the fix we need and word gets out about this replacement hook, they will start selling a bunch of them.

/ Quick hitch #19  
We need to send a picture of that to harbor freight. They'd be unstoppable.

/ Quick hitch #20  
I came up with a $10 quick fix until my parts come in. I bought a 3/4" twist clevis. I put the rounded part around the pin on the mower and drop the clevis pin into the hook on the quick hitch. Works like a charm so far.

Good idea, Imma try that!

I have the Harbor Freight QH and am disappointed it does not work with my Land Pride Rotary cutter. But the twist clevis idea may make it work.