Quick yes or no needed please. Can I run SUDT in my NH HST tractor?

/ Quick yes or no needed please. Can I run SUDT in my NH HST tractor? #1  

motownbrowne

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota mx4700 HST, New Holland TC-29D
I want to replace my hydraulic oil. I don't know what the previous owner used, but the hydraulics are very sluggish where I live. At 5 degrees, the three point won't even start working for about 10 minutes, and then it's very loud. By the time I'm done plowing after about 45 minutes, it behaves like normal.

I'm considering Amsoil, but using SUDT is $100 cheaper. Also, I have SUDT in my Kubota, so any hydraulic oil I put in one will get mixed eventually anyway if I use any implements why hydraulic cylinders. Any thoughts?

If you think it's a bad idea, does anyone have any suggestions for a synthetic cold weather suitable hydraulic oil that doesn't cost $30/gallon?

Thanks!!

/ Quick yes or no needed please. Can I run SUDT in my NH HST tractor? #2  
In my opinion, which is worth what you paid for it, I can't see any problem doing so. SUDT is a premium fluid which should meet all the requirements for your tractor and has proven cold weather benefits. I would use the current SUDT2 version if you can find it.

So there one mans opinion.:)

/ Quick yes or no needed please. Can I run SUDT in my NH HST tractor? #3  
Yes, its OK.

/ Quick yes or no needed please. Can I run SUDT in my NH HST tractor?
Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Picked up 10 gallons of SUDT yesterday afternoon. Should be able to get it in today or tomorrow. Plowed this morning with the New Holland. Hopefully this new fluid makes a difference. I'm tired of hearing that hydraulic pump whine.

Also broke my back blade while plowing, so it looks like some shop time is in order.

/ Quick yes or no needed please. Can I run SUDT in my NH HST tractor? #6  
Picked up 10 gallons of SUDT yesterday afternoon. Should be able to get it in today or tomorrow. Plowed this morning with the New Holland. Hopefully this new fluid makes a difference. I'm tired of hearing that hydraulic pump whine.

Also broke my back blade while plowing, so it looks like some shop time is in order.

Alright, fess up, what did you hit with the blade?

Alright, fess up, what did you hit with the blade?

Busted...

The short answer is: a log

The long answer is that I'm trying to clear myself some work space in my sugar bush. I've got serval projects happening down there this winter. Got a new evaporator to install, adding some walls, expanding the stream vent in the roof, and running power. Also, LOTS of wood to cut. So, I was plowing some space I don't normally clear, and found a junk log that some putz (me) left lying around. It'll be an easy fix. I just bought 5lbs of 7018AC that I've been itching try. Looking at where it broke, it started to fail a while ago. Luckily it happened when I was done with the important plowing, and I didn't break the tractor.

/ Quick yes or no needed please. Can I run SUDT in my NH HST tractor? #8  
Busted...

The short answer is: a log

The long answer is that I'm trying to clear myself some work space in my sugar bush. I've got serval projects happening down there this winter. Got a new evaporator to install, adding some walls, expanding the stream vent in the roof, and running power. Also, LOTS of wood to cut. So, I was plowing some space I don't normally clear, and found a junk log that some putz (me) left lying around. It'll be an easy fix. I just bought 5lbs of 7018AC that I've been itching try. Looking at where it broke, it started to fail a while ago. Luckily it happened when I was done with the important plowing, and I didn't break the tractor.

Yep, get your 7018AC after it and get it fixed up. Funny isn't how some of the things we do have a way of biting us in the tushy later isn't it?:)

Yep, get your 7018AC after it and get it fixed up. Funny isn't how some of the things we do have a way of biting us in the tushy later isn't it?:)

Yes, I'm the absolute king of getting in my own way. Pallet forks have helped me a lot with that because it's now much easier to move heavy objects that I put in the wrong place. Still, though I struggle with 100% completing tasks and not leaving my chit laying around.

Getting better, though. :)

/ Quick yes or no needed please. Can I run SUDT in my NH HST tractor? #10  
For sure - I'm often amazed how what starts as a small & simple project can escalate into something much bigger. Also, so many times I have problems determining where to put things and have them out of the way. I've sort of become use to having to move "stuff" multiple times to complete any project.

Lack of forethought and thorough planning on my part. Planning is a pain - jumping in and just doing it is a lot more fun.

And to stay with the thread - yes, SUDT will be just fine in your tractor.