Quickconnect hydraulic coupler issue (and not from too much pressure)

/ Quickconnect hydraulic coupler issue (and not from too much pressure)
Yes, very possible and if you read my post, it is normal for me.

Was your grapple lid closed?

Well, since you didn't check the female side, you didn't.
Yeah, grapple was closed.

How do you check the femail side, retracting the sleeve (which retracts the ball bearings) retracts doesn't allow oil to leave that I have seen.

/ Quickconnect hydraulic coupler issue (and not from too much pressure) #12  
Take a 1/4 inch punch and dead blow hammer and tap on the nipple. Hit it hard enough to move the poppet nipple inside but don't beat the crap out of it. Cover things with a rag to catch fluid. Basically the same as the male, but in a hole. At this point, however I'd probably just loosen the fitting from the hose and bleed off pressure.

/ Quickconnect hydraulic coupler issue (and not from too much pressure) #13  
Take a 1/4 inch punch and dead blow hammer and tap on the nipple. Hit it hard enough to move the poppet nipple inside but don't beat the crap out of it. Cover things with a rag to catch fluid. Basically the same as the male, but in a hole. At this point, however I'd probably just loosen the fitting from the hose and bleed off pressure.
Turn off the tractor then activate the 3rd function valve both ways. Will dump any line pressure to tank. If it's electric over hydraulic the machine needs to be turned on but not running so you can hear the solenoids on the valve go thunk.

/ Quickconnect hydraulic coupler issue (and not from too much pressure) #14  
I agree with others that I think it is a pressure issue in the hoses because you didnt bleed the female coupler.

How do you operate the grapple? If its a mechanical lever for your 3rd function, cycle it with tractor off.

IF its an electric third (or an electric diverter) turn tractor key on but tractor off (to supply the 12v to your switch/button). Then do the same thing, cycle the hydraulics to bleed. That will take care of tractor side.

On the grapple, always store with the lid closed...but NOT under pressure. Do the same thing above to bleed the hoses with the tractor off BEFORE unhooking the grapple hoses.

I store my grapple with the grapple side hoses recoupled as well. Never had an issue hooking.