R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #31  
We used to have a couple small dealers here.
Now I have to drive over a half hour away to someplace that has the bedside manner of a dead gnat.
Pretty fancy store with no soul.
Sigh

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere
.................................... someplace that has the bedside manner of a dead gnat.................................
Sigh

:laughing:.....good one billb......I need to steal that from you......:laughing:

(Though it's not funny about RN Johnson...:()

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #33  
What town is that in?

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #37  
RN Johnson has updated their webpage, and they seem to be taking the loss very responsibly. It will be interesting to see what line they pick up. This is their official statement from their website:

ON MONDAY, JANUARY 7TH, 2013, AT 4:15 PM, JOHN DEERE CANCELED OUR CONTRACT. WE ARE SADDENED BY THIS UNFORTUNATE TURN OF EVENTS. EIGHTY FOUR YEARS OF HISTORY AND TRADITION HAS COME TO AN ABRUPT END, ALONG WITH OUR TENURE AS ONE OF THE OLDEST JOHN DEERE DEALERS IN THE WORLD.THIS DAY HAS BEEN COMING FOR CLOSE TO A DECADE. WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING TOOTH AND NAIL TO PREVENT IT, BUT IN THE END THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE WE COULD DO. IT HAS BEEN JOHN DEERE'S CORPORATE PHILOSOPHY AND MISSION TO ELIMINATE ALL SMALL SINGLE LOCATION DEALERS NATIONWIDE. WE ARE JUST THE LATEST CASUALTY.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO SERVE OUR MANY LOYAL JOHN DEERE CUSTOMERS. WHEN NECESSARY, WE WILL ASSIST OUR CUSTOMERS WITH NEWER EQUIPMENT TO SECURE WARRANTY SERVICE FROM A NEIGHBORING DEALER.

BE ASSURED, WE ARE COMMITTED TO CONTINUING IN BUSINESS WITHOUT JOHN DEERE. WE WILL CONTINUE TO REPRESENT THE OTHER EQUIPMENT LINES WE HAVE LIKE KUHN, KRONE, ARIENS, ECHO AND STIHL. WE WILL ALSO ARE WORKING TO SECURE A NEW TRACTOR LINE TO REPLACE JOHN DEERE.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND CONTINUED BUSINESS AS WE STEER OUR WAY THROUGH THE CHANGES THIS BRINGS TO OUR BUSINESS. PLEASE BEAR WITH US, AS THERE WILL BE UNAVOIDABLE HICCUPS AS WE DIGEST THE IMPACT OF LOSING THE JOHN DEERE LINE.

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #39  
They are correct. Deere is canning all the small JD dealers. They tell them that they either have to buy someone else and update their stores, or they have to be sold to who JD tells them they can sell to. Obviously, this dealer did not want to sell out to anyone. Good for them.

Its big corporate bullying, and they get away with it. I just lost the dealer that I have bought two tractors from last week. It is now under new ownership. He didn't have any choice. Not really the free enterprise system that is supposed to prevail in this country.
The reason they took their in stock tractors back, is because they are no longer a dealer, so they took it back and credited them for it. What a horse crap way of treating a dealer that has been with them for 84 years.
They should be ashamed of themselves.
It is all economies of scale. They want to do more business with fewer people. And, it gives them a way to raise their prices because there will no longer be JD dealers fighting over the same business. Sounds a lot like a monopoly. Pathetic

Companies have done this for years, and most of them went out of business, or were going broke and got bought by a competitor. I don't think JD will be going out of business soon, but I think it is crap what they are doing to these dealers.

/ R N Johnson, Walpole, NH Losing John Deere #40  
R.N Johnson has just announced they will be closed their doors for ever. Auctioning off everything including the building. I run a large apple orchard in Southern Vermont about 15 minutes from R.N's. We have 6 john deere tractors and every one is essential to our operation. Thanks a lot John Deere. What the **** am I supposed to do now? Drive an 1 hour and 45 minutes every time I need a part. Ridiculous.