R14 ag tires

/ R14 ag tires #21  
I will say that Kubota (not sure about other builders), have really advanced their design of cast centers. On my M's the cast centers actually mount the rims and mount to the axle studs so the cast center is an integral part of the whole assembly, not added on and if you require even more tractive effort, Kubota offers bolt on cast weights that bolt directly up to the cast centers. I've never needed them but they are available.

The cast centers on my M9's weigh in at 650 pounds each.

/ R14 ag tires #22  
With the valve stem at 12 O' clock - you should only loose the small amount of beet juice that's accumulated in the stem.

I use a tried & true method to check rear tire pressure. Drive out on the driveway. Do I get a definite chevron pattern on the ground - all the way across the bars. Have I got an appropriate sidewall bulge - all is then OK.

This will usually represent - 13 to 15 psi. I keep the front tires at max sidewall recommended pressure.

With RimGuard I'm able to get 775#, added weight, per rear tire.

/ R14 ag tires #23  
I've done a few experiments with the tractors at work. On hard ground or pavement no matter what tractor they are on, I get more push with R4's. Once I place the tractors on anything soft like the woods or grass, the R1's excel as they do in deep snow. Turf tires are good in 4" of snow. No traction to speak of on wet or soft ground but they are not made for traction as much as protecting the turf.
The R14 tires are a compromise and i don't think a compromise is anything one should be looking for.

R4's were not made to place on tractors as much as construction equipment working on pavement or hard ground.. I feel they are a compromise as well.
My opinion is they used R4's on tractors because all of our construction toys had R4's and I feel they make a connection psychologically speaking.

Tires are easy to choose from.
If your exploits are where ultimate traction is needed, R1's
If you don't need as much traction or your tractor is on hard surfaces or grassland, any other tire design will do.

Chains alter the complexion of any tire.

/ R14 ag tires #25  
Got R14Ts on the new B2601. They do have more side bite and maybe a tad better to/fro. No problems so far at just over 30 hours. Don't think they're responsible for the B's 0.014 gph/engine hp fuel use vs. the 3 JDs' 0.025.

/ R14 ag tires #26  
I suspect some of it comes down to the size of the tires. My M7060 with R14's just came in. I do quite a bit of driving over areas I consider my yard (I mow about 4 acres) so I didn't want R1's tearing it up. The R4's only came in a size with 24" centers so they were a lot smaller in size. I don't do any heavy farming so it won't be an issue for me either way, but I think these would do ok for most everything but heavy plowing, etc. I avoid mud in general as a rule.

i-RKFpZwb-X3.jpg

/ R14 ag tires #27  
8D9FA693-A40A-4B82-8FB5-A22950CDA7B2.jpeg
Still rather new but much better for my use than the R1’s it came with and it doesn’t rip the hell out of everything it drives over. Win win for me.
Cheap?? Hardly.

/ R14 ag tires #28  
^^^^^^ nice looking tire