R4041/R4047 Grill/ Brushguard Mod.

/ R4041/R4047 Grill/ Brushguard Mod. #1  

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H
If you want to open your Hood without tilting the Brushguard forward, loosen the 4 bolts ( don't remove ) that hold it on, ( the nuts are welded to the frame ) Then take 1 out at a time & insert 3 nice thick washers between the guard and frame and tighten. The existing bolts are plenty long enough for 3 washers. I can now open Hood w/o tilting guard. I don't know why they didn't engineer it this way, there is all kinds of room there. The loader doesn't even come close to the guard? :confused3:

image.jpg image.jpg

/ R4041/R4047 Grill/ Brushguard Mod. #2  
They must have thought of that when designing the XR series brush guard. Mine has plenty of room to open the hood and lots of clearance for the loader. Cheap and easy mod done to yours.
I also read another post here today about a few guys who have welded some heavy expanded metal to their brush guards for added protection. Guess that's another project I want to do on mine. It's amazing all the ideas that pop into your head looking at the mods others have done.

Attachments

• DSCN1081 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1081 (Medium).JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 161
   / R4041/R4047 Grill/ Brushguard Mod. #3  
Good mod, I will do it to mine.

/ R4041/R4047 Grill/ Brushguard Mod. #4  
Probably take about as long as tilting the grill and then never need to do it again.I'm in.Did any of yall see where the guy added a second step to get on the tractor?If so do you know if it's something you can buy and bolt on or was it welded?I don't have a welder,YET,so bolt on would be great.

/ R4041/R4047 Grill/ Brushguard Mod. #5  
Michigan Iron makes a bolt on step for Kioti's, I am not sure about LS. Check their web site.

/ R4041/R4047 Grill/ Brushguard Mod. #6  
I think LS fixed this on the R series somewhere along the way. My 2013 R4047H's hood will clear the grill guard without swinging it forward and has no spacers in it.