R4041H trans problems

/ R4041H trans problems #1  

upinsmoke53020

Tractor
SAME Solaris 45
I recently acquired an R4041H and the hydro occasionally stalls. When the hydro pedal is pressed it’ll kick out and tractor will stop moving. You can press the pedal all the way down and nothing will happen. The only way to move is to return the pedal to neutral and start over.

All filters have been changed, linkage checked, and fresh trans oil.

Ideas??

/ R4041H trans problems #2  
All gear ranges? and is the reverse petal moving opposite of the forward? Does it in reverse?
The petals and linkage moves Item 45 and that moves the internal swash plate in the HST, maybe the key item 39?

1676909937932.png

Last edited:
   / R4041H trans problems
All gear ranges? and is the reverse petal moving opposite of the forward? Does it in reverse?
The petals and linkage moves Item 45 and that moves the internal swash plate in the HST, maybe the key item 39?

View attachment 784748
Does it in all ranges, but more often in 3rd. It’s done it in forward and reverse, and yes, both pedals are operating.

/ R4041H trans problems
W

View attachment 784748
What is #39, is that a key way? I shall take a look at that

/ R4041H trans problems #5  
If the key was sheared or missing, maybe? I guess it could have enough friction to move the internals most of the time. IMHO if the petals move Item 45 and the key (39) is intact it would have to be internal. UNLESS you just not getting the gear selected, mine will sometime not click in on the first try (All HST do that).

/ R4041H trans problems #6  
BTW if you need more parts diagrams go to Parts - LS Tractor USA then click "Look up your part" near the bottom. Direct access to the catalog requires a login, the "landing" page eliminates the login.

/ R4041H trans problems
BTW if you need more parts diagrams go to Parts - LS Tractor USA then click "Look up your part" near the bottom. Direct access to the catalog requires a login, the "landing" page eliminates the login.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to check that key way. Also wondering if it could be a faulty pressure relief ??