R4944

/ R4944 #1  

MtnViewRanch

Elite Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,
I have been looking at an R4944 with loader for quite a while now and was wondering what any of you thought that they might go for. The dealer has had this thing for more than 18 months now and I have never even seen any body else look at it. Not to say that they don't, just never have seen anybody looking. Plastic is starting to go bad, some of the dash decals have peeled off, but overall tractor looks good. Any ideas, plus with new models coming out, well I just don't know.:confused: Any thoughts about this?

/ R4944 #2  
Hello Brian
I bought a Montana R4944 earlier this year and I'm very happy with it. It has a 47 horse 4 cylinder Mitsubishi diesel engine. I bought it mainly to remove the snow and it does a great job doing it. I have been using a Ford 8n and 9n
for the last 10 years so I'm not an expert on tractors, but I do know what I like. It cost around 22k. Now mind you I'm not putting down the ford tractors. They are about as old as I am and they are still running strong, but while using the 4944 my teeth don't rattle half as much.
Hope this helped.
Rob

/ R4944
Rob, thanks for the reply, yes it does help. The Montana dealer is having sort of an open house Sat and I wanted to have something to compare to while bargaining. Don't know if I'll get it or not, but it sure seems to be quite a tractor for its size.

/ R4944 #4  
I bought a 4944 about two years ago and now have about 140 hrs on it. Great machine - I love mine. I just used it to chop up some brush piles with a 6' brush hog - not a problem. I also use a 6' snow blower on the back in winter to move plowed up piles. I have also pushed a 8' box plow to plow snow commercially when I had a truck go down with a bad trans (that was cold). I have the rear tires loaded. Hope this helps.